Hilton Marina Fort Lauderdale

KAR3600

Sailing soon and flying in the day before we booked the Hilton Marina....does anyone know how close it is to airport and the cruise port? Someone said they walked to port is that possible or insane? :o

Thank you!!

I can't imagine walking to the airport as the route is along a busy highway and the distance is almost 4 miles. You will need to get a taxi unless they have an airport shuttle. The port is about a mile from the hotel which I guess is doable if you are able and traveling light enough. We stayed at the Hyatt Place near the Hilton and they had a shuttle which was about $7 per person or you could take a taxi.

Sailing soon and flying in the day before we booked the Hilton Marina....does anyone know how close it is to airport and the cruise port? Someone said they walked to port is that possible or insane? :o

Thank you!!

It’s on 17th and a 10-15 Taxi ride from FLL. Even closer to the port, in fact you can see the ships assuming you’re in that side. A walk to the port is, as you put it, insane. The closest pier is 2 and it’s probably a mile walk, take a taxi or Uber for about $10.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I always stay at that hotel and it is directly across from Port Everglades. I get a room on the Hilton Honors floor, high floor, and sitting on the balcony watching the ships come and go is a favorite activity! And of course the morning of the cruise opening the blinds and seeing your ship directly in front of you is fantastic!

To answer your question, if you travel light and are in good shape you could walk to the pier, but it's only a $10 taxi ride, which is what I do.

It is just near FLL airport, about $15 taxi fare away. PE is just a few blocks away but it is not practical to walk to port with your luggage

The hilton marina is not near the airport at all. It is across the street

from the eisenhower blvd. entrance to the port.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Hilton+Fort+Lauderdale+Marina/@26.1015457,-80.1223404,17z

It used to be the Marriott.

Walk to the airport? No.

If your ship is at berth 2, one could walk to the port.

Otherwise, probably not.

Edited by pablo222

The Hilton Marina is literally across the street from pier 2. However, to gain pier access you must walk up to Eisenhower Blvd an into the port. If your ship is at pier 2 you can walk it, but you would have to wheel your luggage on sidewalks and up over curbs. Best to take a taxi, $10.

Pooh, I asked the question because people stated they did walk to pier...Like you I'm not willing to drag my luggage nor myself through the streets of Ft. Lauderdale, unless the hotel was across the street from the port. Since I am unfamiliar with the area I thought it was better to ask and be prepared. Thank you all for the information on taxi fares. I was long hauled on my first trip to port from airport. The driver charged us (4 ladies) 10.00each.

Any tips about the Hilton and the area are appreciated....

The hilton marina is not near the airport at all. It is across the street

from the eisenhower blvd. entrance to the port.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Hilton+Fort+Lauderdale+Marina/@26.1015457,-80.1223404,17z

It used to be the Marriott.

Walk to the airport? No.

If your ship is at berth 2, one could walk to the port.

Otherwise, probably not.

By near, I did not mean you can walk to it. That is why I said “around $15 taxi fare away”.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Pooh, I asked the question because people stated they did walk to pier...Like you I'm not willing to drag my luggage nor myself through the streets of Ft. Lauderdale, unless the hotel was across the street from the port. Since I am unfamiliar with the area I thought it was better to ask and be prepared. Thank you all for the information on taxi fares. I was long hauled on my first trip to port from airport. The driver charged us (4 ladies) 10.00each.

Any tips about the Hilton and the area are appreciated....

There is a water taxi stop at the hotel, very convenient if you want to do that; I always do, a fun activity. I eat at the outdoor grill, the food has always been good but the service is deplorable. In my opinion their best drink is the Bahama Mama, first thing I do after dropping off luggage in room.

There is a Walgreens a couple of blocks up the street, if you forget anything, which I always do. But my favorite activity is getting back to the room by 4:00 and sitting on the balcony watching the ships depart!

We’ll be staying there on 25 November prior to boarding the Regal. We plan to walk from the hotel. We have walked from Embassy Suites before :o :')

Port schedule says Regal will be at berth 2, so it should be easy. Quick a bit closer

than Embassy Suites.

Easyboy, I'm sorry, I was not referring to your comment...It was actually in Trip Advisor; folks posted they walked...Thank you for the cab price!

No, I was not referring to your post. My Post #10 was in response to Post #7. It quoted and misunderstood my earlier Post #4.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I always stay at that hotel and it is directly across from Port Everglades. I get a room on the Hilton Honors floor, high floor, and sitting on the balcony watching the ships come and go is a favorite activity! And of course the morning of the cruise opening the blinds and seeing your ship directly in front of you is fantastic!

Agreed.

We stayed in this hotel two years ago before our Panama Canal cruise and requested to stay here again in Feb. As mentioned above you can see the port from your balcony. It's great to wake up and see your ship in port. The Walgreens is just down the street for snacks etc. we enjoyed watching the draw bridge and checking out the yachts in the waterway.

We are staying at the Hilton Marina (in the Tower) in a few weeks time and have not even considered walking. As others have said we are on VACATION.

Taxis are ten a penny and cheaper than the hotel shuttle which charges per person and not per ride.

Seems crazy to us that folks who have no problem tipping porters and bell boys find $10 for a taxi expensive!

Taxis are, IMHO, such good value that, although my car rental contract does not finish until late morning on the day of the cruise, we are planning to hand our rental car back the night before the cruise and take a taxi the next morning.

Why? Well it is because the cost of the taxi is less than half the cost of parking at the hotel.

By near, I did not mean you can walk to it. That is why I said “around $15 taxi fare away”.

If I asked for a hotel near the airport, and you told me 'Hilton Marina' I would be disappointed at

to find out how far it is.

I think the Crown Plaza (on SR84) is probably the closest hotel to the airport, but even then,

not that close.

In other cities, you can often stay in hotels where you can overlook the airport.