How early to get back to ship?

kwazi07

I’m thinking of booking a tour of Chacchoben in Costa Maya with Native Choice; they’re about $30 less than booking through Royal. The ship docks at 11am so the tour is supposed to start at 12pm. It’s four hours long so we would get back at 4pm. The ship is slated to leave at 7pm. Is this enough time to get back? My only concern is that the ruins are a 50 minute bus ride from the port.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You say it gets back at 4:00. If that's the case that is three hours ahead of your departure. As all tours start and end in town near the pier, that would be more than enough time. The ship is about a 10-15 minute walk from the edge of town.

If you meant that the tour leaves Chacchoben at 4:00 to then drive the reported 50 minute ride to Costa Maya, then that is different. But even with that, you should have plenty of time to get back as you will need to be on the ship no later than 6:30, which would allow 2-1/2 hours for the return. But bear in mind as it is not a ship sponsored tour you are on your own to assure you get back in time and the ship will not likely wait if you are late.