Divinia Magnetic hooks?

GoatMouthB

I read a cruise tip that advised bringing a set of magnetic hooks to utilize in one's room, especially in the bathroom. Are there metal surfaces in the Divina rooms where I could use these? If it makes a difference, we are in a balcony room. Thank you!

I haven’t been on the divina specifically however cruise ships cabins are prefabricated and then installed into the ship. The walls used are metal. So this would be the first ship I’ve heard of not having magnetic walls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually. The ceiling IS magnetic, but the walls were NOT when we went on the Divina in June. ( they may be metal, but whatever type it is. It was not magnetic )

We used magnetic hooks on the ceiling to hang a make shift projector screen ( ya we are nerds ;) ) so they can def hold clothes on a hanger if needed.

I hope this helps some.

Ha! I didn't try the bathroom OR the ceiling. Good to know.

Actually. The ceiling IS magnetic, but the walls were NOT when we went on the Divina in June. ( they may be metal, but whatever type it is. It was not magnetic )

We used magnetic hooks on the ceiling to hang a make shift projector screen ( ya we are nerds ;) ) so they can def hold clothes on a hanger if needed.

I hope this helps some.

I was on the Divina in July and I can say for sure the cabin entry door is not magnetic , nor is the bathroom door . I brought birthday decorations to hang up and the only magnetic surface I could find was the frame around the balcony sliding door. I never tried the ceiling , so I can't say anything about it .

We were told the doors are magnetic on Seaside and I sure hope they are - I just ordered magnetic Christmas decorations online not 5 minutes ago...

I was on the Divina in July and I can say for sure the cabin entry door is not magnetic , nor is the bathroom door . I brought birthday decorations to hang up and the only magnetic surface I could find was the frame around the balcony sliding door. I never tried the ceiling , so I can't say anything about it .

Just off the Divina a week ago and the wall in the cabin between the closet and the wall mirror was magnetic. I brought two strong hooks purchased at Home Depot and they held half full beach bags all week long. We were on deck 12 in a balcony. The wall at the entrance next to the bathroom door near the light switch was also magnetic.

If the magnetic areas aren't convenient for you, you can also use 3M Command Strip hooks. They come in all sorts of sizes, and at the end of the cruise, are completely removable, leaving no damage.

We've used them for beach bags and for baseball caps.

The packages usually contain both hooks and the strips, but some of the economy packages have just hooks or strips in them.

They're terrific and always on our To Psck list.

I hope this helps some.

Just don't hang clothes and try to spray a wrinkle releaser while using a hair dryer to dry the clothes. ;p

In case you all have missed it, there was a thread on this forum a while ago by a woman whose husband did just that and caused the fire sprinkler to go off. She was incensed that MSC would not pay her damages for ruined electronics, clothes and other items and would not comp her a meal in a speciality restaurant for her inconvenience.:rolleyes:

Wow, thanks for the tip! Lol. Glad I bring wrinkle free clothes for the most part :')

Just don't hang clothes and try to spray a wrinkle releaser while using a hair dryer to dry the clothes. ;p

In case you all have missed it, there was a thread on this forum a while ago by a woman whose husband did just that and caused the fire sprinkler to go off. She was incensed that MSC would not pay her damages for ruined electronics, clothes and other items and would not comp her a meal in a speciality restaurant for her inconvenience.:rolleyes: