Bluetooth speaker help

austincici

Hi! I just got off the Dream and was able to get the Bluetooth speaker as my Platinum gift. I'm wondering if I got a dud, though, because I can't seem to make it work! And those instructions on the side of the box aren't helpful for me. (It's probably user error but I was hoping someone could educate me on this). I charged it, plugged it into my phone and went to my phone's Bluetooth setting. It's not locating it. It also says to "tap the bottom" to turn it on and I'll see a blue light? That is not happening, but I'm not sure I understand where I'm supposed to be tapping. Can someone help me? Thanks in advance!

We actually purchased one similar to the kind they're giving away now, and sometimes it can be temperamental. Sometimes it won't connect and other times it does, kind of aggravating when it won't work when you need it to. I do hope they've moved on to the next gift next week, because we definitely don't need 2 of those speakers. :(

Make sure your bluetooth is on on the phone, THEN turn the speaker on.....it should find it. I had one that did that too....very frustrating! Take it back and see if they will give you a different one, if you can't get it to work!

The cord is only for charging the speaker’s battery.

Bluetooth is the ability to wirelessly connect electronic over short distances.

So the jack that looks like a headphone jack doesn't do anything? Mine has the USB plug and another headphone jack looking thing at one end.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So the jack that looks like a headphone jack doesn't do anything? Mine has the USB plug and another headphone jack looking thing at one end.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That's only needed if you are using it as a remote explosives detonator. You can use your phone and just call it in.