Signing up for Guppies and other kids groups on Norwegian Escape

jeno

Can anyone tell me how, when and where to sign up for children’s programming as soon as you board the ship? Does the signup open as soon as people board or at a later time? Any advice appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You go to the respective area dependant on age and sign up. You need to take the child and the cards of anyone who you want the authority to sign the child in and out.

We tend to go straight away or just after lunch if we are really hungry.

Grab a daily and it will give the time to sign up. I think it was around 4 pm. Make sure your little one goes first night as that seems to be when they meet each other. My 7 yo loved it and would meet her friends at pool or beaches.

I second making them go the first night. Especially the Teens. My son had a blast on our prev cruises as he had met up with people to hang out with. . Barely saw him unless we had family plans. Made the mistake of not making him go the first night last trip. He never managed to hook up with anyone his own age and though "any cruise is a good cruise", I don't think he had as much fun as he could have.

I second making them go the first night. Especially the Teens. My son had a blast on our prev cruises as he had met up with people to hang out with. . Barely saw him unless we had family plans. Made the mistake of not making him go the first night last trip. He never managed to hook up with anyone his own age and though "any cruise is a good cruise", I don't think he had as much fun as he could have.

Yes, always encourage them to go first night. Once friendships and groups are formed it's hard for others to get involved.

We honestly hardly see our girls on cruises now. [emoji15]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

On our Breakaway cruise in 2016 we signed up at the terminal before we even boarded the ship. It was super easy and it just happened that we were sitting right where they set up the table.. they did not have a sign or make any announcements. Crew just set up a table and started registering kids. So it might have been a one time thing. But it did save us time because we were sitting there waiting anyway. Hoping the same thing happens before we board the Escape in 2018....

On our Breakaway cruise in 2016 we signed up at the terminal before we even boarded the ship. It was super easy and it just happened that we were sitting right where they set up the table.. they did not have a sign or make any announcements. Crew just set up a table and started registering kids. So it might have been a one time thing. But it did save us time because we were sitting there waiting anyway. Hoping the same thing happens before we board the Escape in 2018....

I’ve never seen that. But it would be great.

Does anyone know if a parent can stay with their child in the program? Our 3 1/2 year old daughter has a disability (brittle bones) and we wouldn't want to leave her alone there without one of us there with her.

Does anyone know if a parent can stay with their child in the program? Our 3 1/2 year old daughter has a disability (brittle bones) and we wouldn't want to leave her alone there without one of us there with her.

Sorry, no, it’s a safety issue, no one but the kids is allowed in the club.

Contact NCL access desk and ask to speak with the Shoreside Splash Academy Director. NCL is the only cruise line who adjusted their kids programing to accommodate my daughter's severe allergies (Airborne Anaphylaxis to latex). Over the past 5 years were have been on 6 cruises because it is the only safe vacation we could have. Explain your daughters needs and see what they say. We often are in communication with the splash academy staff onboard months before our cruises to work on accommodations for my daughter. We went through the scheduled and looked at what activities would or would not be okay for my daughter, what could be modified, etc. The 3-5 year olds are under the early childhood program and have separate counselors than the 6 and up age group. You may be able to work out a combination of splash academy activities and guppy parent/child activities.