classic soda and voom one device

bfamily4

$23.94 Cad/day. Is this a great deal? DH only drinks soda with lunch and dinner. Kids and I don't drink soda. We don't plan on using the internet except to check emails daily. Is it worth it to get the package or our we better off paying as we go. TIA!

I can't answer your question directly. But here's my most recent experience ...

We made a last minute decision to take an OASIS trip - booked it just 3 weeks ago and paid in full at that time. Sailing SOON.

Since booking I have bought drink and VOOM packages .... the prices have changed at least 3 times in this short period of time. They have NOT consistently gone down. The drink package with VOOM for one device has been the most 'active' ... down, up, down to lowest seen, back up. I've been checking it daily!!!! When the price hit the LOW VOOM was $4 (US) a day on top of the already discounted drink package .... so ya can't really tell!!!! (Do note that you can share a VOOM FOR ONE ..... you get to have one device signed on at a time, but can change devices. You can share but not at the same time ...)

The only good news is you can buy it and if the price drops you can cancel and get a refund and buy at a lower price if the price drops (up to 4 days b4 you sail or something like that)

p.s. in my short period of paying attention I see that different ships have different price structures for these packages, and this probably varies by sailing as well. AT LEAST as volatile as airline tickets!!!!

We made a last minute decision to take an OASIS trip - booked it just 3 weeks ago and paid in full at that time. Sailing SOON.

Since booking I have bought drink and VOOM packages .... the prices have changed at least 3 times in this short period of time. They have NOT consistently gone down. The drink package with VOOM for one device has been the most 'active' ... down, up, down to lowest seen, back up. I've been checking it daily!!!! When the price hit the LOW VOOM was $4 (US) a day on top of the already discounted drink package .... so ya can't really tell!!!! (Do note that you can share a VOOM FOR ONE ..... you get to have one device signed on at a time, but can change devices. You can share but not at the same time ...)

The only good news is you can buy it and if the price drops you can cancel and get a refund and buy at a lower price if the price drops (up to 4 days b4 you sail or something like that)

p.s. in my short period of paying attention I see that different ships have different price structures for these packages, and this probably varies by sailing as well. AT LEAST as volatile as airline tickets!!!!

Question, when you are checking the prices daily, are you just checking them in your cruise reservation? Like if I click buy beverage package, it tells me $55 per day. But, I am a long ways out....just don't know if I am looking in the right place for the price. Thank you!

I'm opening my reservation and then opening my 'cruise planner'

You can not just look at what you bought ... you need to go in as if buying for the first time ...

the deluxe drink package hasn't moved from $55 since we booked and a friend who is a FREQUENT RCL customer says $55 is as low as it will go on the OASIS class in their experience ... but I keep checking

Where I've seen price flux was where drinks were coupled with VOOM. I was able to grab at a day when VOOM for one was $4 a day over the discounted ($55) booze package. It changed fast and I have not seen it come back ..... but I got that price.

Thanks! Ok, so I am checking prices right. Can I ask where you found the bundles?