Any tips on how to get on a fully booked cruise?

Craftyninja

Our friends are already booked on a cruise, and we decided at the last minute that we want to join them. Of course, while we were trying to decide, the last few cabins got booked. We got on the wait list and have been told to keep checking to see if there are any cancellations, but are there any other tips? Has anyone here successfully gotten on a full cruise?

Go to the port on debarkation day and hold up a sign that says "Will cruise in your place for free!" :)

Good luck to you...I'm sure you'll get on if you keep checking as there are often last min cancellations especially on the few days leading up to the cruise. Also, keep calling as often the website isn't updated if there's just one opening.

Our friends are already booked on a cruise, and we decided at the last minute that we want to join them. Of course, while we were trying to decide, the last few cabins got booked. We got on the wait list and have been told to keep checking to see if there are any cancellations, but are there any other tips? Has anyone here successfully gotten on a full cruise?

A week or two prior to the cruise, the TAs may return some of the cabins that they have not been able to sell. Would require that you can be ready at the last minute, and be willing to pay the going rate for the type of cabin you want. As we all know, prices go up as the ship gets filled up. If you have a PVP or some connection at Carnival, you might be able to get info on any TAs that have bought blocks of cabins and get in touch with them. Or try some travel sites that have ocity options.

Edited by Retired_to_Cruise

Decide earlier next time.

Call direct and keep calling....someone will likely cancel at the last minute, but others may be in queue too.

We booked Thanksgiving week and lurs friends booked late and were finally assigned a room yesterday for the 11/18 sailing.

Good Luck!

We hope you make it on board.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There's a website that shows the true availability of cabins - use your best sleuthing skills to go there and see if there are actual unbooked cabins (there may be some held by online travel companies that won't release until final payment date) - if you see an unbooked cabin(s) I would call Carnival, and ask for a supervisor, and tell them the specific cabin# you see available. Sea Scanner - I know more than one person who has done this. Good luck and let us know how it went.

We got a cabin! I called a few times, and the ship was still full. I didn't bother to check the website because I was on the wait list and figured they would call before posting openings on the website. Then, late yesterday afternoon, I checked the website just in case, and there were three cabins listed! Just goes to show you not to rely on the wait list and to keep checking.

We got a cabin! I called a few times, and the ship was still full. I didn't bother to check the website because I was on the wait list and figured they would call before posting openings on the website. Then, late yesterday afternoon, I checked the website just in case, and there were three cabins listed! Just goes to show you not to rely on the wait list and to keep checking.

Good for you:)