Anyone ever have to get a PIN # from Carnival

Sea and Me

39 minutes ago, ColeThornton said:

You're responding to a post from five years ago.  🙂

Actually, it is in response to a new issue posted 14 hrs ago.  They obviously did a search and found the old thread, but updated it with their new concerns on this issue that are relevant to now.

Edited by wemjam

2 hours ago, ColeThornton said:

You're responding to a post from five years ago.  🙂

So, what do you care? The thread had been updated and others might be concerned about the SS number.

Edited by Pyrate13

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/17/2017 at 11:39 AM, Sea and Me said:

We booked through our TA, our son booked through Carnival. We would like to all dine together. Our TA told me that when he called Carnival they told him our son would have to get a PIN# in order for him to have his reservation hooked up with ours for dining!!!!

Has anyone ever had to do this and what was the procedure in doing so??? I never heard of anyone getting a PIN# Help please and thank you in advance. Have a good day:)

I have had a 4 digit pin for many years, yes I know the post is old.

Edited by mouche

On 11/17/2017 at 11:39 AM, Sea and Me said:

We booked through our TA, our son booked through Carnival. We would like to all dine together. Our TA told me that when he called Carnival they told him our son would have to get a PIN# in order for him to have his reservation hooked up with ours for dining!!!!

Has anyone ever had to do this and what was the procedure in doing so??? I never heard of anyone getting a PIN# Help please and thank you in advance. Have a good day:)

Just add him in with his booking number, you go to Booking order and Detail and scroll down and you will see add another booking, we always do this when we are cruising with others and have never had an issue with us always being placed together for dining

When a guest books with a TA, carnival does not and should not have you add a PIN number to your account. Your TA has another security number they use for the booking when talking to Carnival. The policy is for guests booked directly through a TA, the guest must communicate through the TA. Carnival will not give details directly to a guest booked through TA. I’m aware some have, yet the policy for Carnival agents  is not to. PIN numbers are not added to your booking until you call for the 1st time after booking. That is why you have to verify the sailing information etc before being asked to create a Pin for security. TA bookings should never have PIN numbers as they have TA specific personalized security codes.