Live from Navigator of the Seas B2b to the Western Caribbean and ABCs!

Did that work out well? Our son has also liked Adventure Dining. Was that also offered?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Unfortunately our MDR waitstaff were not able to reliably have DD’s dessert out from the galley far enough in time prior to pickup, even though we repeatedly stated our wishes in that regard. But obviously YMMV.

Adventure Dining was definitely available. We didn’t sign up DD for it at all during our two weeks on board, but I personally saw the AD group in the WJ multiple times. (Also, it’s mentioned in the Kids Planners I posted earlier in the thread.) [emoji4]

Unfortunately our MDR waitstaff were not able to reliably have DD’s dessert out from the galley far enough in time prior to pickup, even though we repeatedly stated our wishes in that regard. But obviously YMMV.

Adventure Dining was definitely available. We didn’t sign up DD for it at all during our two weeks on board, but I personally saw the AD group in the WJ multiple times. (Also, it’s mentioned in the Kids Planners I posted earlier in the thread.) [emoji4]

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
Didn’t even notice but the 10 drink cards are being offered day 3 of 9 here on Navigator. Price is $88.50 +18%. Rather early comparatively but seen several people getting them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you happen to remember seeing drink cards on the 5 day portion of your b2b? If so, what day/price?

Do you happen to remember seeing drink cards on the 5 day portion of your b2b? If so, what day/price?

Yes. The 10-drink card was in the Day 4 Compass for $88.50 + 18% gratuity. They also listed a 15 (fifteen?!) “espresso-based specialty coffees” card for $37 on Day 5.

• 2 weeks later...
In Cozumel were the times in the compass coz times? It didn’t state in compass to stay on ship time or at least I didn’t see it. :) Trying to finalize plans for day. TIA

The Cruise Compass activities are always on “ship time”, never “port time” (unless the two happen to coincide). Cozumel is now in the Eastern time zone (but doesn’t currently observe Daylight Saving Time).

Thanks so much for the great review with of it's wonderful info.

I will be doing this itinerary leaving this Friday and really enjoyed reading and experiencing this through you perspective.

I was trying to see if I could figure out the order of the menus from your review and got a little lost. I believe that the last two nights are Jasmine and Pomodoro. And the first two were Mojo and Saffron. But where I get lost is what night was ****ake, since it looked like Pimento, Basil,Tarragon and Chive were consecutive in that order.

I know if could well change but I was doing a little menu planning to decide which four nights were the best to skip for Specialty Dinning. So if you could let me know what the correct order from your cruise was I would really appreciate it thanks.

Thanks so much for the great review with of it's wonderful info.

I will be doing this itinerary leaving this Friday and really enjoyed reading and experiencing this through you perspective.

I was trying to see if I could figure out the order of the menus from your review and got a little lost. I believe that the last two nights are Jasmine and Pomodoro. And the first two were Mojo and Saffron. But where I get lost is what night was ****ake, since it looked like Pimento, Basil,Tarragon and Chive were consecutive in that order.

I know if could well change but I was doing a little menu planning to decide which four nights were the best to skip for Specialty Dinning. So if you could let me know what the correct order from your cruise was I would really appreciate it thanks.

I would love to know the order of the MDR when you start on the 9 day Navigator...does it start with https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=54682618&postcount=187

Hi folks, to summarize the MDR menu sequence from this B2B sailing:

5-night western: Mojo, Saffron (formal), Pimiento, Shiitake, special Thanksgiving menu

Now, as for Day 5 on the western itinerary, I can't be sure what menu the MDR would normally have. What I can say is that if you look back at the Thanksgiving menu's dessert items, which included Williams Pear Chocolate Crisp and Key Lime Pie, these items normally appear on the Pomodoro dessert menu (Day 9 from the southern itinerary).

So, perhaps Day 5's MDR menu is normally Pomodoro. That might make sense because I seem to recall Pomodoro commonly being the MDR menu of the final night of my other cruises.

9-night southern: Mojo, Saffron (formal), Pimiento, Shiitake, Basil, Tarragon, Chives, Jasmine (formal), Pomodoro

Edited by moopetguy
Specified which were formal nights

5-night western: Mojo, Saffron (formal), Pimiento, Shiitake, special Thanksgiving menu

Now, as for Day 5 on the western itinerary, I can't be sure what menu the MDR would normally have. What I can say is that if you look back at the Thanksgiving menu's dessert items, which included Williams Pear Chocolate Crisp and Key Lime Pie, these items normally appear on the Pomodoro dessert menu (Day 9 from the southern itinerary).

So, perhaps Day 5's MDR menu is normally Pomodoro. That might make sense because I seem to recall Pomodoro commonly being the MDR menu of the final night of my other cruises.

9-night southern: Mojo, Saffron (formal), Pimiento, Shiitake, Basil, Tarragon, Chives, Jasmine (formal), Pomodoro

thanks for the info!!!

Thanks again this is most helpful.

Thanks for this, many ask about it.:)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

iahawkfan21, moopetguy,

thanks so much for posting! This thread has helped all us roll callers on the 3/16/18 Navigator ABC's sailing a great deal in planning our roll call events. I do have a couple of questions for anyone who might recall the following:

1) Time and Location, your Meet N' Mingle (read your posts and saw that it was Day 2, I believe); time and venue would be helpful.

2) Time/Date/Location for the Crown & Anchor "Welcome Back" party,

3) Time/Location for Top Tier Event? I believe it was Day 6 (Bonaire)?

We'd really appreciate it - thanks again for all of the information you posted!

Beth

1) Time and Location, your Meet N' Mingle (read your posts and saw that it was Day 2, I believe); time and venue would be helpful.

The Cruise Critic Meet and Mingle was held on Day 2 at 10:00 in the Star Lounge, Deck 5. It was listed in the Cruise Compass, if you'd like to refer back to it.

2) Time/Date/Location for the Crown & Anchor "Welcome Back" party,

There's no more "welcome back" party for all C&A members (and there hasn't been for a couple of years now, just the Top Tier event).

3) Time/Location for Top Tier Event? I believe it was Day 6 (Bonaire)?

Yes, the Top Tier event was held on Day 6 - Bonaire, Studio B, Deck 3, at 19:15. It was a special ice dance show, which was phenomenal. Absolutely not to be missed.

If you have additional questions, just ask!

• 1 month later...

Hi

Can anyone help me with the kids club? Are they strict with age limits or can 2 siblings go to the same club - even if they’re not in the age group?

My dds will be 8 & 11 and probably wouldn’t want to go to clubs separately.

Thanks! xx

Good evening everyone. As the title indicates, I will be departing with my wife on Navigator of the Seas on Sunday for b2b sailings on the first two since coming back stateside. I’m going to try and use Periscope (@codyh21) if VOOM allows, but also plan on running a live blog here with photos and reviews of both the ship and our port stops. Please feel free to ask questions throughout and I will do my best to answer or find out. FYI, we are not staying in a suite and are currently Gold C&A so won’t be visiting/reviewing any of the DL/CL venues or perks. I do have the Deluxe Beverage/1 Device VOOM combo for both legs as well. A little background and summary is below.

My first cruise with Royal was back in 2007 on Navigator of the Seas. My wife and I were searching for new ports and a longer cruise back in January and I came upon the 9 night ABC cruise. When I saw that and the Navigator we knew it was perfect. We initially booked a Promenade room and was happy with it. However, I saw a balcony guarantee pop up for the same price we had already paid. A quick call to my TA and we were all set. Got assigned a D2 balcony on Deck 10 aft, perfect! Fast forward to a couple months ago and I noticed pricing dropping heavily on the 5 night sailing. I convinced my wife, and was able to get the time off of work, so we jumped on an inside guarantee. I really wanted to do a balcony, but we got this sailing for under $1100 with tax and gratuities all factored in. Ended up in a deck 6 room slightly aft of the aft elevators. We’ve stayed in this spot on Freedom and had no issues.

Was looking at transport, parking, hotels, the works. My wife has a commitment tomorrow night so we’re relegated to heading down Sunday morning. Thankfully we live 3 hours straight north of Miami on I-95 so this is an easy drive. With parking at the port being $20 per day we were looking at $300. I did a little research and I managed to snag a pair of one way rentals from Melbourne Airport to Miami Airport and vice versa with Alamo. They offer a shuttle to/from the cruise port so that works out well. Gas is a wash since we would’ve been driving anyways, and with a little research I ended up paying $113 total for both rentals w/tax. Even if we didn’t feel like the shuttle and wanted to Uber from the airport it would still be less than half the cost of parking.

Leg 1 (5 Night Western):

Day 1- Depart Miami 5pm

Day 2- At Sea

Day 3- Costa Maya 8am-5pm. We were just here at Maya Chan in December but love the port and were able to snag return visit to Maya Chan last minute so we’ll definitely enjoy that.

Day 4- Cozumel 7am-5pm. My wife has booked a dolphin encounter excursion as it’s always been on her bucket list. I will be taking a taxi to the Money Bar to snorkel and enjoy breakfast as soon as we dock. Spend a couple hours there, then taxi to downtown to have lunch at our favorite place Casa Denis. A little exploring and then I usually enjoy making the long 3 mile walk back to the ship.

Day 5- At Sea. Did Thanksgiving away a few years ago while on deployment, but this will be my first onboard a ship.

Day 6- Turnaround Day Miami. For those interested, I will try and document the b2b experience.

Leg 2 (9 Night Southern to the ABCs):

Day 1- Depart Miami 5pm

Day 2- At Sea

Day 3- Labadee: Nothing planned, just a relaxing beach day for us.

Day 4- At Sea

Day 5- Willemstad, Curacao 9am-8pm. My wife really wants to visit the aquarium so we will take a taxi there. My plan is to drop her off and walk next door to Lion’s Dive to grab a beach chair/umbrella and a cold drink and just relax for a few hours. Afterwards, we’ll head back and explore downtown Willemstad.

Day 6- Kralendijk, Bonaire 7am-5pm. We are booked on the morning Woodwind snorkeling tour, absolutely looking forward to this. Afternoon will bring more exploring of downtown.

Day 7- Oranjestad, Aruba 7am-6pm. Plan is to take the local bus to Eagle Beach and grab chairs in the area around either La Cabana or Amsterdam Manor which have been mentioned as good spots. Found a local dutch pancake house we’re going to try for lunch and then, yes, you guessed it more exploring around town.

Day 8/9- At Sea

Apologies for the long winded post, but I’m a planner/detail person at heart. Again, hope you follow along and ask any questions you may have and I’ll do my best to respond!

i am a planner as well great thread i will look into your plans thanks, nigel

Hi

Can anyone help me with the kids club? Are they strict with age limits or can 2 siblings go to the same club - even if they’re not in the age group?

My dds will be 8 & 11 and probably wouldn’t want to go to clubs separately.

Thanks! xx

They can be strict on the age limits. It all depends on how many kids are in each age group and you won't know until you are onboard.