Best way to pay for cruises

We future wife and I are going on to go on a cruise for our honeymoon. We have not decided which cruis eyet but will be going June 11th Sunday, or around that timeframe.

Is putting the cruise on my discover a smart thing to do? I've got the cash back deal so thats like 25 bucks or something.

Are there better CC to put something like this on? Something that will give me air miles or something so that will take part in teh flight

TIA as I have no clue what I am doing hopefull this baord will help

If you're interested in maximizing travel benefits like points, miles, etc etc, check out the forums at:

www.flyertalk.com

LOTS of good info and discussion on the boards there:)

Personally I try to put all my CC expenses on two cards from the hotel chain I stay with, to get their points. Also do everything possible to get miles with our airline. Last February we flew to San Juan for free on miles, and stayed at a first class hotel for a week for free on points:D

I think the discover card is the way to go. But another option is using a cruise card which sometimes give double points etc... when booking/purchasing that lines products/services.

So if you chose an NCL cruise for example you would be able to maximize your points if you wished to choose a future cruise with them.

Take a look at the provisions and how much your likely to charge on the card (And hopefully pay off during the grace period) during a three year period to figure if its worth your while.

We future wife and I are going on to go on a cruise for our honeymoon. We have not decided which cruis eyet but will be going June 11th Sunday, or around that timeframe.

Is putting the cruise on my discover a smart thing to do? I've got the cash back deal so thats like 25 bucks or something.

Are there better CC to put something like this on? Something that will give me air miles or something so that will take part in teh flight

TIA as I have no clue what I am doing hopefull this baord will help

Call Discover for information! They are holding a December promotion that any online purchases receive a 5% (not 1%) Cashback Reward. Not sure if it's the purchase and/or the payment, but would be awesome if you could get that reward!

Here's one website where you can get FF miles for cruising.

Plus if you charge the cruise on your AA credit card you will get more miles. You get bonus miles when you sign up, plus it looks like they are waiving the fee for the first year. Then if you buy your airline tickets with this credit card, you will get those miles plus the actual miles flown (assuming its on American).

My husband and I don't fly much, but just by using our credit card for everything, and using special sites like the one above that give extra miles, we've haven't paid for plane tickets for our last 4 vacations. Just make sure you can pay it off, since the rate on these are usually higher.

And keep in mind that the cruise site above might not have the cheapest prices.

Archived