Newbie question on how to unwrinkle packed clothes without high costs!

Gingergirl47

Do you think gin will work as well? Not that I'm particular, even whisky would do, I'm just thinking a nice Bombay gin might be the go. :D

Tests have shown that Gin works fine.

Whisky can be risky! It all depends on the color of clothing. Whites tend to show brownish spots. You then need to use Vodka or Gin until you do not see those spots!

Three things for us

(1) Try to avoid stuff like Linens that are easily crease and focus on stuff that creases less and folds easily

(2) Use lots of tissue paper and plastic bags to between the clothes - this seems to help a lot

(3) Particularly when it comes to the casual stuff just accept that some of the stuff will have that just out of the suitcase look

Thank you for confirming that..

I find that there are times that some posters make their decisions that something is or is not permitted because they think they should or should not be permitted..LOL

Suggest you take these posts with a grain of salt..

You might want to look at the Celebrity WEB site, called FAQ's, where many questions are asked & answered..

The FAQ that addresses prohibited items before the recent website update specifically said no steamers. It is now worded as "The following are examples of items that guests are not allowed to bring onboard. These and other similar items will be confiscated upon being found."

In that list of examples is "Coffee Makers, Clothes Irons, & Hot Plates" but there is a double asterisk that takes you to:

Items that generate heat or produce an open flame. This includes heating pads, clothing irons, hotplates, candles, incense and any other item that may create a fire hazard. NOTE: The only exception to this policy are curling irons and hair straighteners.

So, knowing that the new website has had all sorts of wrong and/or old info on it (a lot of which had been previously corrected on the prior website to reflect the actual onboard policies), I would hesitate to say that steamers are now suddenly allowed after having been listed as a prohibited item as recently as the beginning of this summer, especially since the only listed exceptions are curling irons and hair straighteners.

The reality is that the security officers can deem something to be a hazard if they think it's a hazard. Might they inspect it and deem it safe? Sure. Might they miss it altogether? Sure. That doesn't mean the advice should be "pack it because it's allowed."

I purchased a 2" flat iron to touch up my clothes and it works great. I wouldn't iron with one that has been used on hair with products as it could leave residue on your clothes.

I always use my flat iron to touch up. It works quite well.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

We use packing envelops from Eagle Creek ( can get at the Container Store) for shirts/tops. A smaller one for my things , larger for my husband. They compress and keep thing s from shifting around in the suitcase and keep everything pretty much wrinkle free. We also use Eagle Creek trifold soft suitcase for my dresses, husband's long sleeve shirts and sports coat. Does a great job

( also,has several side pockets for other items) and we never get wrinkles.