Newbie question on how to unwrinkle packed clothes without high costs!

Gingergirl47

Bundling is what DH and I have done for the last several cruises.:) Be sure and pack clothes that you might need pre-cruise/post-cruise in a separate bundle or in your carry-on, so that you do not have to get into your big bundle until on the ship.

Pack knit things, like shells, sweaters, scarves, undies, Chico's pants, etc, that can be placed in and around the suitcase without putting them into the bundle.

I also use the dryer bags on special clothing such as my outfits for Chic nights (Note: There is no longer a formal wear night on Celebrity.) or something that may be 100% cotton. DH uses one to pack his blazer and cotton dress shirts, but we still bundle all of these with the other clothing in our suitcases.

We use this technique for our full size suitcase for cruises, and once used only a carry-on for a 2 week trip to Israel and Jordan! I was quite proud of what I was able to put in the carry-on. ;) Enough clothes for the entire trip without having to repeat wearing more than a couple of shirts or pants. I am not a small person and I did not travel as lite as the following video suggest. I had a jewelry bag, a make-up bag, electric curlers, hair straightener, etc., plus 3 pairs of walking shoes packed in that bag. :D

This really works!

Good to know that Celebrity allows steamers. Each of our three cabins brought our mini steamers on our Disney cruise and they were confiscated. I didn't realize until we were leaving and my son mentioned it. I thought I had just forgotten to put mine in my suitcase.

I use Vodka!

Put vodka in a spray bottle. 1 spray on clothes, 1 spray in my mouth; 1 spray on clothes, 2 sprays in my mouth...I continue until I no longer see any wrinkles!:D

Second coffee of the day spilt whilst reading this post!

Don't fold your clothes; roll them. There are lots of videos on YouTube that will show you how to do this.

I roll most of our casual items into packing cubes.

Nicer things go into a garment bag, and usually have my husband suit pressed once on board. I use Downey Wrinkle Release for my dresses, also hang in the bathroom.

Downy wrinkle release or the homemade equivalent works

Hang them in the bathroom while you shower helps too.

I hang many of my things inside each other..In other words, put my husbands long sleeve shirts inside his suit jacket..I do this with many of my clothes too as I wear a lot of jackets.. Then I put them in plastic bags & hang them in our hanging suitcase..Other clothes I roll up when placing them in our suitcase such as tops..I'll put three tops together & then roll them in one roll.. I put old paper towel rollers or cut up a long roller from wrapping paper, inside to start the roll..Packing a suitcase pretty full so things don't move is good too.. Also use a lot of tissue paper between garments if I pack some things in a flat suitcase..

If push comes to shove & something is terribley wrinkled, I use the downy wrinkle release & hang the garment in a hot steamy shower..

When we were on our very long cruise we were on a ship which had a laundry room & once or twice had to go down & press the garment myself or I'll send it out to be pressed..

Just because you didn't get caught doesn't mean that steamers are allowed....they aren't.

Cruise security never said anything. Cabin steward never said anything as it was left in plain sight during all my cruises. I don’t need to try not to get caught. You sound so very nice!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Just because you didn't get caught doesn't mean that steamers are allowed....they aren't.

Where does it say steamers are not permitted? This is a copy of the paragraph referring only to irons on the Celebrity WEB site called FAQ's..

Other Items

Question -Can I bring a hairdryer or other electrical appliances with me?

Electric razors and hair dryers can be brought with you. Staterooms for most cruise lines are equipped with 110 volts AC and are capable of handling all normal appliances. Some appliances may require the use of an adapter. Keep in mind, cruise lines do not provide irons in your stateroom and they prefer that you do not bring one along, due to the fire hazard. There is often laundry service on board should you need a special outfit ironed. (close)

Unquote

If you can show me where it says specifically that steamers are not permitted I will apologize..

I stopped brining my steamer only because it is quite large, however I too was able to use it on several other lines without it being confiscated too... My steamer does not get that hot & it has an auto shut off..

Edited by serendipity1499

Cruise security never said anything. Cabin steward never said anything as it was left in plain sight during all my cruises. I don’t need to try not to get caught. You sound so very nice!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you for confirming that..

I find that there are times that some posters make their decisions that something is or is not permitted because they think they should or should not be permitted..LOL

Suggest you take these posts with a grain of salt..

You might want to look at the Celebrity WEB site, called FAQ's, where many questions are asked & answered..

I've done a lot of printing lately & using a great deal of ink & paper..:o

Have now decided that I will only print up what is absolutely needed for our cruise..

Have a folder filled with all kinds of things on our Dec cruise..It will take me hours to go through it all! :loudcry: Now made up my mind to try to conserve & if we book another Celebrity cruise I'll download the FAQ's into my PC..LOL

I use Vodka!

Put vodka in a spray bottle. 1 spray on clothes, 1 spray in my mouth; 1 spray on clothes, 2 sprays in my mouth...I continue until I no longer see any wrinkles!:D

Do you think gin will work as well? Not that I'm particular, even whisky would do, I'm just thinking a nice Bombay gin might be the go. :D