Are ripped jeans allowed in the main diningroom

judydoc

From another “nole” I have seen about every type of clothing on Carnival the past couple years even to shorts, flip flops and shirtless on elegant night on Valor 9/16. Have a picture of the man that yelled roll tide all week before they put a dinner napkin on his back. So I would say yes your jeans are welcome.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

So I think there are a few things at play.

Main dining room use to be really formal. Tuxedo formal. So there are some lamenting change.

According to the written policy, they would not be allowed. The cruise line does not enforce those policies, but still there are people who will hold them up as a commandment.

Finally there is a HUGE misunderstanding of fine dining today. I agree with you that the dining room is not fine dining, but even if it were, so what. There are any number of fine dining restaurants that have modern dress codes. We had dinner last week at a steak and seafood place. 6 of us all in jeans. I had a t-shirt and sweater with jeans. The entrees were $50+ per person, and in true fine dining fashion everything was a la carte. Yes there were white linen tablecloths and napkins.

Times have changed. Some people are just having a hard time with it.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Forums mobile app

Thanks! This makes the sense..... :D

I wouldn't wear them and wouldn't let my daughter or granddaughter wear them to dinner no matter how trendy they are. But then I guess i'm older and out of touch. Can't figure out why people pay money for something i'd through in the trash. But to each his own.

Agree!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure what planet some fuddy-duddies have been living on, but ripped jeans are hardly a new trend, unless we are still considering the 1980's "new". Now go put on that same suit you have been schlepping on cruises since 1978 and looks it (for the gentleman) and get your palazzo pants and "sparkly" top (for the ladies), its formal night! ;p (as long as we are generalizing)

Not sure what planet some fuddy-duddies have been living on, but ripped jeans are hardly a new trend, unless we are still considering the 1980's "new". Now go put on that same suit you have been schlepping on cruises since 1978 and looks it (for the gentleman) and get your palazzo pants and "sparkly" top (for the ladies), its formal night! ;p (as long as we are generalizing)

Yeah....we see how well that wonderful trend has evolved in just the past 7 years alone in Post 130. :rolleyes:

Yeah....we see where all this is headed...

horsey-evolve.jpg

Now go put on that same suit you have been schlepping on cruises since 1978 and looks it (for the gentleman) and get your palazzo pants and "sparkly" top (for the ladies), its formal night! ;p (as long as we are generalizing)

ding, ding, ding!

Trendy, modern, and fashion are clearly not words in most of these posters’ vocabularies.

You know what, I think i’m going to rent a baggy tux that’s about 2 sizes too big for my next cruise. That’s fashionable right?

And you know what’s even funnier, these millennials who are “dumbing down society” have become Royal’s preferred client base. If you don’t like that, maybe it’s time to try Azamara or Crystal.

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

Not a fuddy duddy by any means. But my adult children and grandchildren always dress "respectfully" in public where there is a suggested dress code. We live on the beach and are used to simple rules. Looking like a slob takes away from the experience for those who feel their cruise is something special. In our business we go by the rule "if you look in the mirror and wonder if what you're wearing is appropriate, it probably isn't ". Our millennials and interns have thanked me for that advice over the years. Same applies for restaurants.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

just plain morals think of others listen before you speak follow the RULES they are for EVERYONE EVERYONE

Fair enough point. Thank you for bringing it although the timing is a little off given someone has been posting insulting pictures and comments for a while until someone else decided to put in a counter-argument/response.

segue.

But I continue to find this thread hilarious. Not sure which of the insulted groups I belong in. I'm 58 but really don't care what other people wear in the dining room. I go with comfort myself. As long as it's clean what you like. I look in the mirror and don't ask myself if my attire will make others happy.