Royal air r/t Italy price?

iluvit!

Seems that European cruises are dropping in a couple of weeks, I had expected to have until March to plan. Wanted to the advice of previous users of Royal’s air on what I should do.

Looking at booking the 9 night Jewel out of Rome in May or Sept (to avoid summer crowds). Flying from Houston into Venice, spend 2 nights, train to Rome, 1 night in Rome, cruise, then fly back out of Rome.

Is this doable and anyone have a ballpark price?

Or would I be better off making my own arrangements with points as I would have a year or more to earn them. I have learned plenty about cruising but know little about air and this will be our first trip to Europe. Also, comfort-plus might be necessary to get my husband on the plane. Thoughts?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I would check prices on Royal's Air2Sea service, looking at two one-way flights. We flew one-way STL->FCO a few weeks ago for $450pp, and others on our cruise had lower prices depending on the US city. Once the flight is booked, Air2Sea gives you the airline confirmation number and you can use that on the airline's website to upgrade seating.

Edited by Host Clarea

That’s a decent price. Which cruise did you take? We had originally planned on the Rhapsody, but balcony prices on the Jewel are much more affordable. It’s weird, but I get seasick in the room unless it’s a balcony.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

That’s a decent price. Which cruise did you take? We had originally planned on the Rhapsody, but balcony prices on the Jewel are much more affordable. It’s weird, but I get seasick in the room unless it’s a balcony.

We were on the Jewel transatlantic, Rome to San Juan.

Looking at booking the 9 night Jewel out of Rome in May or Sept (to avoid summer crowds).

While crowds in Europe may be at a maximum during Jun-Aug, post places will still be very crowded in May and September. I was in Rome last month (October) and it was a zoo. I've been in Venice in October and Naples in May as well...same thing.