Bring water or soda on board Navigator

I have searched RCI's website and the boards, but I do not see an answer to this question. Are you allowed to bring bottled water or cans of soda on board? In the carry on or delivered luggage? We usually cruise Carnival and they allow it in carry on only.

I have searched RCI's website and the boards, but I do not see an answer to this question. Are you allowed to bring bottled water or cans of soda on board? In the carry on or delivered luggage? We usually cruise Carnival and they allow it in carry on only.

Both are technically prohibited, but usually allowed. We've had water in checked backage many times with no problems.

Thank you Clarea. What about sodas? Usuallt on Carnival I will pack one bag with a 12 pack of water and 2 12 packs of soda and carry it on so they can open and look at it. If you put it in checked bags, do they open them?

They may hold your checked bag in security and ask you to come down and open the bag to ensure it's not alcohol, but you should be OK with canned soda. They are much more likely to enforce the rules around Spring Break.

• 2 months later...

Thank you for you help. I will try and bring water for me and canned soda for my husband. Do you think it is more likely to be confiscated in checked bag or carry on. Not trying to be sneaky but I just don't like the taste of the ship's water and want some to take in ports.

Thank you for you help. I will try and bring water for me and canned soda for my husband. Do you think it is more likely to be confiscated in checked bag or carry on. Not trying to be sneaky but I just don't like the taste of the ship's water and want some to take in ports.

If it's in the checked luggage, you might have to go get your bag from security later, but you'll very likely be able to keep the soda/water. They just need to know the cans/bottles aren't alcoholic.