Issues using Barclaycard?

HomelessBear

Read a post a few weeks ago where some cruisers had problems at P&O check-in using their Barclaycard.

Can anyone give an update on the situation and whether P&O have "ironed out" any issues now? Was this only at Southampton or any embarkation port?

We're embarking from Barbados on Britannia at Christmas / new year, and DH will be using his Barclaycard. Some have suggested bringing 2 cards just in case, but he only uses the one, and rightly doesn't see why he should get another credit card just because P&Os system doesn't like the one he uses.

Be grateful for any up to date views of the current situation. Thank you.

I embarked at Mayflower Terminal at Southampton on the 18th November, and check in woman advised me not to even bother trying my Barclaycard. My debit card, which is my every day account refused to work, but my other credit card, a Virgin Money one, went through no problems. They freely acknowledge there are still problems.

I had problems on the 10th November. On disembarkation I had to complete a form agreeing to pay Carnival the amount owed within two weeks, so if you don't take another credit card that's what they have to do.

The financial controller at Carnival was very aware of the problem, as were the ship's staff, and it sounds like they're not anywhere near finding a solution. From what I've read not everyone is affected by the problem, but in my case there was a 'problem' when my card was swiped in the Mayflower terminal and also onboard. Barclaycard said it was a problem with the swipe or chip reader.