Flying into LaGuardia vs. Newark for cruise out of Cape Liberty

ToothDoc78

Anyone done this? Is it a huge pain to get to the port? We are flying in the day before (a Thursday in August) so at least we wouldn't have to worry about being rushed, but I'm wondering if savings in airfare would just be eaten up by cabfare/car service to get from hotel near airport to the cruise port. Thanks!

Anyone done this? Is it a huge pain to get to the port? We are flying in the day before (a Thursday in August) so at least we wouldn't have to worry about being rushed, but I'm wondering if savings in airfare would just be eaten up by cabfare/car service to get from hotel near airport to the cruise port. Thanks!

I would post this on the East Coast Departures forum, as transportation in the NYC area is not trivial, and it's best to consult with the experts.

You can't just look at the airfare alone. You have to price airfare and port transportation and hotel costs. Chances are that EWR will price out to be more economical than LGA. What is your exact date, number of people, and hotel budget? Do you have any sightseeing plans in NYC?

Thanks for all the info! When I priced it out, I don’t think it’s enough of a savings. Now we’re trying to decide if we want to fly or drive. It’s about 10.5 hours each way from southwest Michigan to the port. Even with gas, tolls, parking, etc. it would save about $1000. We’ve taken many long distance road trips so that drive doesn’t seem too daunting. Going to look at the hotel suggestions- thank you! Even if we drive we want to get in the night before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for all the info! When I priced it out, I don’t think it’s enough of a savings. Now we’re trying to decide if we want to fly or drive. It’s about 10.5 hours each way from southwest Michigan to the port. Even with gas, tolls, parking, etc. it would save about $1000. We’ve taken many long distance road trips so that drive doesn’t seem too daunting. Going to look at the hotel suggestions- thank you! Even if we drive we want to get in the night before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trinity offers a package with hotel, round trip port transportation, and 21 days parking for $235 for your date.