Sold out

GrootmoederkKr

Just interested. Has anyone received a winning bid after an entire category (Haven) has shown as Sold out on NCL site?

I realize that someone could cancel at the last minute opening up a spot, but didn't know if travel agents could be "holding" rooms that might end up being released. Thanks for any info.

Just interested. Has anyone received a winning bid after an entire category (Haven) has shown as Sold out on NCL site?

I realize that someone could cancel at the last minute opening up a spot, but didn't know if travel agents could be "holding" rooms that might end up being released. Thanks for any info.

generally the TA release their cabins just about the time of final payments. So, depends on when you are traveling.

In the upgrade thread, I have seen folks that have gotten upgrades, including haven when sold out.

Sometimes it will happen. Sometimes it will not.

Of course, if it is sold out and ONE room comes open... there could be dozens or even hundreds of folks from balcony and mini suites that have also placed a bid.

Sorry for hi-jacking the thread but didn't want to start a new one. And it's still a question about upgrades so maybe low-jacking is a better term. ;-) When does the email usually come for the upgrade. My cruise is the first week of March(94 days out) and I have paid it off already. Does EVERYONE get the email? Thanks.

Sorry for hi-jacking the thread but didn't want to start a new one. And it's still a question about upgrades so maybe low-jacking is a better term. ;-) When does the email usually come for the upgrade. My cruise is the first week of March(94 days out) and I have paid it off already. Does EVERYONE get the email? Thanks.

It's usually 70-80 days out and not everyone gets the email -- but check in on your online account during that time and you might see the Let's Upgrade You message.

80 days prior to your cruise, you MyNCL logon screen will display an invitation to bid on an upgrade.

wrt being sold out, there are many reasons rooms open up at the last minute. But,,, you will have to be a higher bidder than going from an ocean view to balcony where there is usually a lot of inventory. We have cancelled on week-of-cruise twice in the past few years due to schedule conflicts.