Conquest to Miami

jasong38501

Sorry if there is already a thread on this I missed but I see Conquest is moving to Miami in 2019 to replace Glory. Has Carnival made an announcement or has anyone seen what ship is going to Ft Lauderdale to replace her?

Where did you see this and when is the move scheduled. We have a B2B scheduled out of Fort Lauderdale in April of 2019.

Dream is going to Galveston to replace Valor which is going to New Orleans to replace Triumph. The missing piece is where does Triumph go?

I must have been thinking of the Triumph.

This is probably a telltale sign that the Triumph’s capacity will be increased during the long dry dock scheduled for March 2 - May 1, 2019, otherwise Carnival would be putting a smaller ship in Fort Lauderdale.

Where did you see this and when is the move scheduled. We have a B2B scheduled out of Fort Lauderdale in April of 2019.

Simply searching the Conquest on Carnival's website. Looks like May 11, 2019 is the first sailing from Miami unless I'm missing one. She alternates Eastern/Western departing on Saturdays just like Glory is doing now and I'm seeing bookings available through April 2020.

I'm curious too, we are suppose to go on the April 27 cruise, which is her last currently scheduled sailing.

We are on the April 21st, 2019 and April 27th, 2019 cruisings out of Fort Lauderdale. The second one ends May 5th, 2019. The next schedule for the Conquest after that is on May 11th, 2019 out of Miami. That is the first I have heard of that change.

Triumph is going to be in dry-dock for 2 full months emerging on May 1, 2019. I am guessing that she will be getting a 'max makeover' (and possible rechristening) much along the lines of Destiny/Sunshine which spent 75 days offline and $155MM in 2013. There's no doubt that Carnival views that as a success as Sunshine is a featured vessel in the fleet. Triumph is essentially a slightly spiffed up duplicate of Destiny so those retrofit blueprints already exist with only very minor modification. Now will she be based in FLL? Time will tell but it seems logical to me.

Triumph is going to be in dry-dock for 2 full months emerging on May 1, 2019. I am guessing that she will be getting a 'max makeover' (and possible rechristening) much along the lines of Destiny/Sunshine which spent 75 days offline and $155MM in 2013. There's no doubt that Carnival views that as a success as Sunshine is a featured vessel in the fleet. Triumph is essentially a slightly spiffed up duplicate of Destiny so those retrofit blueprints already exist with only very minor modification. Now will she be based in FLL? Time will tell but it seems logical to me.

That would be very interesting if Carnival did that. Seems a possibility with such a long dry dock. Hope they announce something soon. Did they announce all the Destiny/Sunshine plans ahead of that dry-dock or was it a surprise when it emerged? Looking to book our Summer 2019 trip and that might be fun to be on a newly refurbished ship.

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Forums mobile app

That would be very interesting if Carnival did that. Seems a possibility with such a long dry dock. Hope they announce something soon. Did they announce all the Destiny/Sunshine plans ahead of that dry-dock or was it a surprise when it emerged? Looking to book our Summer 2019 trip and that might be fun to be on a newly refurbished ship.

I have found articles written DURING her dry dock but not before. Here's something interesting. One of those articles said that the toughest thing to do was cut the main showroom down to 2 floors from 3. Now many might argue that those 40 extra cabins up forward were a poor choice so perhaps that's not being contemplated again. Also, Destiny did a TA sailing to get to Venice for her dry dock. There's nothing on Triumph's schedule like that. So perhaps they'll do the 'successful' parts of the Destiny/Sunshine rebuild while leaving out the 'less successful' and do it all in the western hemisphere. Not totally reconfiguring the main showroom might be one of those things.

Here's another thing. While redoing Destiny/Sunshine cost $155MM, building Breeze at roughly that same time cost $750MM. I firmly believe Carnival though it got good bang for the buck.

I have found articles written DURING her dry dock but not before. Here's something interesting. One of those articles said that the toughest thing to do was cut the main showroom down to 2 floors from 3. Now many might argue that those 40 extra cabins up forward were a poor choice so perhaps that's not being contemplated again. Also, Destiny did a TA sailing to get to Venice for her dry dock. There's nothing on Triumph's schedule like that. So perhaps they'll do the 'successful' parts of the Destiny/Sunshine rebuild while leaving out the 'less successful' and do it all in the western hemisphere. Not totally reconfiguring the main showroom might be one of those things.

Here's another thing. While redoing Destiny/Sunshine cost $155MM, building Breeze at roughly that same time cost $750MM. I firmly believe Carnival though it got good bang for the buck.

Very interesting information. I hope you are right and it is an extensive makeover that improves on the Sunshine's weaknessess. Will be fun to see what happens and where Triumph ends up.

I'm trying to figure out what Conquest is doing from May 5-11, 2019. We are booked on the April 27, 2019 sailing also, and were considering it as a back to back with May 5th, but there's a 6 day gap. I doubt there would be enough time to do any kind of dry dock in 6 days...and it certainly won't take 6 days to move it from Ft Lauderdale to Miami...lol...so anyone have any ideas? I emailed my PVP but no response. I did a web search to see if any pages were found for any charters during that time, but I didn't find anything.

We also have a the third Vista class ship coming out late in 2019 that will need a home and they haven't announced which ship will join the Spirit to be based in Australia year around. I think we may have several more moves coming up. I would imagine they would want the remaining schedule released through April 2020 before wave season sales start in January so hopefully we will know more soon!

To add to this speculation I found something interesting... Grand Cayman has a port website that lists cruise schedules WAY into the future. If you search December 2019 for example it is showing Triumph calling every other Thursday. When you click on the name of the ship the capacity for Triumph (which would be important for a tender port to have correct) shows that she has a capacity of 3360 passengers. Now I know capacity is hard to pinpoint since ships can show double occupancy and be over that with 3rd or 4th passengers but... When you click on any of the Conquest class ships the capacity shows up as 2974. I am sure there could be other explanations for this but to me it adds to the idea of Triumph getting a Sunshine treatment.

Sorry if there is already a thread on this I missed but I see Conquest is moving to Miami in 2019 to replace Glory. Has Carnival made an announcement or has anyone seen what ship is going to Ft Lauderdale to replace her?

ft Laud hasn't been assigned after April 2019 when the Conquest leaves, BTW the Magic is also going to Miami!