Can't link reservations Grrrr!!!

leisuretraveler223

We have four couples going on Equinox in February. Two couple booked through one TA, and those reservations were linked right away. A third couple booked through another TA, and giving my TA their name and confirmation number resulted in THAT being linked right away. My TA could no link the fourth reservation (booked by a third TA), because they are supposedly part of a GROUP. I had that couple contact their TA and see what they could do. The response he got was this:

"Hi Matthew,

We did put a request in to the link the cabins but they did advise you should notify the concierge upon boarding to advise them as well.

I hope this information helps."

Three days later, and of course it's still not linked up. So no making dinner reservations together, etc...

So, my question is this: Is his TA just being lazy, or is there actually such a completely TERRIBLE booking system on Celebrity that it is possible that two reservations can be made in such disparate ways that they CAN NOT be linked? Really frustrated!

We have four couples going on Equinox in February. Two couple booked through one TA, and those reservations were linked right away. A third couple booked through another TA, and giving my TA their name and confirmation number resulted in THAT being linked right away. My TA could no link the fourth reservation (booked by a third TA), because they are supposedly part of a GROUP. I had that couple contact their TA and see what they could do. The response he got was this:

"Hi Matthew,

We did put a request in to the link the cabins but they did advise you should notify the concierge upon boarding to advise them as well.

I hope this information helps."

Three days later, and of course it's still not linked up. So no making dinner reservations together, etc...

So, my question is this: Is his TA just being lazy, or is there actually such a completely TERRIBLE booking system on Celebrity that it is possible that two reservations can be made in such disparate ways that they CAN NOT be linked? Really frustrated!

I'd recommend calling Captain's Club and provide them with the 4 reservation numbers and names. They should be able to accomplish this for you.

Note: Although reservations are linked, if they come from different sources (multiple TAs) you may not see the linking on X's "fantastic" web site. I had this happen on a recent cruise with friends who booked via multiple TAs. To the individuals, they looked like they were only partially linked, but the TA was able to see all of the linking.

Steve

No, the TA is not just being lazy. We have encountered this same issue numerous times. My TA has tried many times to link reservations without success and we were not part of a group booking. Even though our cruising companion's TA said she was able to link our reservations for our cruise this past August, we were not able to make dining reservations. We were told when we called the Captain's Club that they could not help us since the reservation was with a TA. So good luck with that option. We have gotten used to going to the dining room host when we board the ship and get the reservations linked. Every time we have done this and I'm guessing it has been 5 or 6 times, we get a lecture from the host telling us that we should have linked our reservations online!!

I know its always tricky when trying to link reservations made by 2 different t/a. Usually its not a problem when 1 is book by a t/a and 1 is booked direct but when you have 2 separate t/a and you throw a group booking in as well, makes it a bit dicey.

I think the issue is that all of the cabins in the group are linked via the group booking, so trying to pull that one out may be the issue.

And we have been able to link our reservations with our UK cousins but when I would try and make MDR dining reservations it could not be done.....so I called the Captains Club and the very helpful rep said it was because we were using two diifferent currencies. One in US$, One in pounds sterling. When I pointed out that there is no charge for the MDR she said "I know but that is the way it works". She did make our reservations separately for the same times and promised to email the ship so it would be all set when we arrived onboard. It only took 3 days and two threats to get it settled.......In the end we went to guest relations to complain, they called the dining room manager who came right out so say he could not understand why we were having a problem. From then on, no problems, just dirty looks from the dragons at the podium for a few days.