Bali Airport

sail7seas

I've been thinking about Bali and the volcano eruption. I hope no HAL Indonesian crew have family that have been hurrt or worse, lost their homes and that they are not trying tto fly out of Bali to get to their ship or get home. Wishing them all well.

I am with you .. DW and I have been to the temple at the foot of that volcano and are scheduled to visit it again on WC18, but this may change plans. Several of the HAL staff are from that area and we too have been concerned for their safety and that of their families.

harry

I've been thinking about Bali and the volcano eruption. I hope no HAL Indonesian crew have family that have been hurrt or worse, lost their homes and that they are not trying tto fly out of Bali to get to their ship or get home. Wishing them all well.

Oh Sail your the best!!!!!

I was thinking about them as well and their homes. Looks like they opened the air port from what I have read.

Sail, you are such an open, honest, individual that always seems to think of others and inspire others to be better people. Thank you

Denise:)

I have friends that live in Bali, and they said that most are safe, as the volcano area is not covering the entire island, but unfortunately some planes have chose not to risk the ash and are not flying. There were some flights leaving yesterday, but they were charging double what the others were charging that were not flying. They said that what the volcano decides to do will depend on if the airport will open for all planes.. I understand they are expecting a larger eruption. My prayers are with the people of Bali and those visitors there. They were asking for prayers.

I have friends that live in Bali, and they said that most are safe, as the volcano area is not covering the entire island, but unfortunately some planes have chose not to risk the ash and are not flying. There were some flights leaving yesterday, but they were charging double what the others were charging that were not flying. They said that what the volcano decides to do will depend on if the airport will open for all planes.. I understand they are expecting a larger eruption. My prayers are with the people of Bali and those visitors there. They were asking for prayers.

Thank you for such good information, Sage. I have been thinking of so many Indonesian crew I know who live in Bali and am happy to hear most of the people are safe . I also heard they expect there could be a larger eruption.. While I'm sorry to hear of cancelled fllights, it is better they be safe

The report today from Bali was some what encouraging. The ash plume is blowing away from Bali, and Mt. Agung was calmer today with not as much ash blowing. The people that are in the danger zone have all been evacuated, and are being cared for. Prayers are still requested. My friends were so pleased that others are concerned about their well being.

I've been to Bali..luckily my trip was eruption free. I have a feeling they'll still be going to Bali on the World Cruise next year. You can't worry about these things too much..I've been planning a road trip to Yellowstone for a while but another cruise is first.

Here is what my steward friend onboard Oosterdam said:

"we pray a lot for the volcano eruption in bali, but the good thing,my family is doing alright.. we stay in java island which is far away from bali, so so we are alright..😊

Thank you for your concern..."

I had written to him with my fears.