Cancellation / Name Change ?

We are paid in full and ready to go for our January Allure of the Seas cruise. We are taking my in-laws as a cruise is on MIL's bucket list for her 80th bday in January. She is not in the best of health and has a lot of mobility issues so we already have a handicap accessible cabin reserved as well as a scooter on reserve.

Found out today that she has been to Urgent Care and has some serious issues with fluid on her lungs. Naturally DH didn't want to purchase insurance (ugh .. silly for us to decline it). Our travel agent did some preliminary checking and found that we can make "one name change at no cost" for one of the members in the cabin but one member's name must remain the same. If MIL isn't well enough to travel FIL will not go without her. So does that mean we loose everything we paid? They won't allow us to pay a fee to change both names?

I realize this could have all been avoided had we bought insurance but we didn't .... I'm fine with paying a fee to change names but to loose everything just because neither person originally booked in that cabin can travel ....

We are paid in full and ready to go for our January Allure of the Seas cruise. We are taking my in-laws as a cruise is on MIL's bucket list for her 80th bday in January. She is not in the best of health and has a lot of mobility issues so we already have a handicap accessible cabin reserved as well as a scooter on reserve.

Found out today that she has been to Urgent Care and has some serious issues with fluid on her lungs. Naturally DH didn't want to purchase insurance (ugh .. silly for us to decline it). Our travel agent did some preliminary checking and found that we can make "one name change at no cost" for one of the members in the cabin but one member's name must remain the same. If MIL isn't well enough to travel FIL will not go without her. So does that mean we loose everything we paid? They won't allow us to pay a fee to change both names?

I realize this could have all been avoided had we bought insurance but we didn't .... I'm fine with paying a fee to change names but to loose everything just because neither person originally booked in that cabin can travel ....

Unfortunately you will lose everything (as per the cancellation schedule at the time that you cancel)

Call Royal and explain the situation. They have, on occasion in the past allowed people facing unexpected circumstances to rebook the cruise within a year. You will not get any money back, which is why there is insurance.

If they allowed both names to be changed it would potentially lead to a secondary market for cruises.

... They won't allow us to pay a fee to change both names? .

If you cannot keep one person from the original booking, then you must cancel the booking and be subject to whatever the cancel fee is at this point.