Transfer Question for Port Canaveral

Waglitt

First time cruising with Royal Caribbean and first time cruising out of Port Canaveral. (All cruises to date have been out of Miami)

There are three of us and I'm looking for peoples tips on how they get to the port from Orlando Airport.

Just booked this March cruise and I still need to book flights and hotels and such. The goal is to fly in the evening before but after that I don't know if I should stay at the airport or shuttle to the port or whatever.

Thanks for your tips.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If we arrive the day before the cruise, we like to do a one-way rental car to have the flexibility for dinner, shopping etc. There are several rental agencies at the port that take one-way rentals and have free shuttles to the cruise terminals.

If you would rather shuttle, look at Cortrans, for $20pp, one-way.

First time cruising with Royal Caribbean and first time cruising out of Port Canaveral. (All cruises to date have been out of Miami)

There are three of us and I'm looking for peoples tips on how they get to the port from Orlando Airport.

Just booked this March cruise and I still need to book flights and hotels and such. The goal is to fly in the evening before but after that I don't know if I should stay at the airport or shuttle to the port or whatever.

Thanks for your tips.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Welcome to Royal Carribean, I had this same thoughts my first time cruising out of Port Canaveral and some hesitation. I've heard of several good companies and everyone seems happy with the service. I ended up staying at the Radisson on Astronaut way and they booked me with Coco Beach Shuttle and it was a breeze. Loved the Radisson by the way, I've stayed there 3 times now.

We flew into MCO this Feb and hired an Alamo car from the airport and drove to the Residence Inn at Port Canaveral. The next morning we drove the very short drive to the Alamo drop off from where you can see the ship. We were early so their free shuttle hadn’t started so we walked as our cases wheeled and we were in the first lot of people in the departure lounge.

Have to say as there are more hotel options in Orlando we would probably stay just north of the airport next time and access a less expensive hotel deal and drive the next day. The port hotels were not inexpensive.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The drive from MCO to PC takes about an hour and, as Bob suggested above, is easy and will likely be your cheapest option; a car rental lets you stay, dine and shop where you want - drop the car off the morning of your cruise and ride the agency's free shuttle to the port.

Cortrans and Cocoa Beach shuttle are the two most often suggested providers for service between MCO and PC; if your flight arrives late I would stay near MCO and catch a shuttle straight to your ship the next morning.

We have stayed at the MCO Hyatt hotel when arriving late or leaving early. It's a really nice hotel and right inside the terminal. You could stay there and then take the ships shuttle to the port.

Or a third party shuttle like Cortrans for $20pp.

Or a third party shuttle like Cortrans for $20pp.

I looked at Cortrans the last few times we cruised and they are cheap. But, I didn't like being tied to their set schedule or having to bother with car rental pickup and drop off. That's why we have always used a car service.

I looked at Cortrans the last few times we cruised and they are cheap. But, I didn't like being tied to their set schedule or having to bother with car rental pickup and drop off. That's why we have always used a car service.

I agree, a car service affords superior service and convenience. However, the last time we did a car service from PC to the airport, it was $120.