RCI Ship to airport transfers?

momesu

Does anyone know if it is possible to get a transfer from RCI from the ship to the airport at end of cruise? :confused: We will be on Dec 24th sailing of Enchantment of the Seas and since we are going down a day early to avoid any snow weather issues we don't need transfers at the front end of the trip. We will be going to ship from hotel. But, we need to get back to the airport right away at end of cruise. :cool:

Thanks for any help given.

Most veteran cruisers will second the previous poster's suggestion to go it on your own. While you might save a few bucks, it may only amount to the cost of two fu fu drinks. You can control your own timing and your stress woun't build up so you will enjoy your cruise vacation more.

Thanks to both of you for advice. This is what we have been thinking but weren't sure how east it was to catch a taxi.

Plans are really under way now, just finished reserving the canopy tour in Jamacia for DH and kids!!! I'm going to Margaritaville with my sister and toast their willingness to jump off a platform and soar through the tree tops

You can buy a transfer one way from the Purser's desk, before the end of your cruise. Taxis in Miami and Ft. Lauderdale are cheaper than the transfers. In Pt. Canaveral it seems to be cheaper to rent a car or share a private/group shuttle. Actually the only place we have found it more expediant and cheaper to use the RCI shuttle, is from LAX to San Pedro. It always seems to be just the 2 of us, so we never end up cost sharing with anyone. We always cab back.:)

Form ship to FLL (assuming you port in Fort Lauderdale), it was $11 per person for the ships transfers vouchers. Just stop by the pursers desk if that's what you decide to do.

I believe I've seen it posted that taxi's are about $15 plus tip.

We purchased ship transfers from to the airport at the end of our last trip.

We didn't have the wait time others mentioned, but I can see where it might happen. We did have to wait until the luggage for everyone was loaded and then unloaded.

We will probably just do a cab next time!

Our ship returns at 8:30 a.m. on Saturday, January 7th and our daughter's plane leaves at 11:00 a.m. from Fort Lauderdale. Does anyone know if there is a way to arrange for her to be one of the first off the ship? She is trying to get the flight changed to a later one but so far no luck.:(

Just make sure you have cash. We are from Canada, and the cab drivers here all take credit cards. We were shocked when the driver informed us he didn't take credit cards and we had to stop off at a debit machine on the way to the airport to get cash.

Is that common practice in all of the US? Just wondering about business people on company business that charge everything?

Our ship returns at 8:30 a.m. on Saturday, January 7th and our daughter's plane leaves at 11:00 a.m. from Fort Lauderdale. Does anyone know if there is a way to arrange for her to be one of the first off the ship? She is trying to get the flight changed to a later one but so far no luck.:(

When I sailed on the Mariner they provided us with disembarkation packets a couple of nights before the end of our cruise. In the packets they gave the layout of all the luggage tag colors and the order in which they would be called. Then, the night before disembarkation they had a display right across from the Guest Relations desk which had plenty of extra luggage tags (of all colors). So, assuming your ship operates the same as mine did, she could find out which color will be called first and go down to get that color for her luggage.

They also asked us for our flight times and that is how they assigned us a color...it is possible that she will get the first color called anyway.

If they do not have the tags sitting out, then I would go to Guest Relations and ask for them.

Just make sure you have cash. We are from Canada, and the cab drivers here all take credit cards. We were shocked when the driver informed us he didn't take credit cards and we had to stop off at a debit machine on the way to the airport to get cash.

Is that common practice in all of the US? Just wondering about business people on company business that charge everything?

Pretty much from what little I've seen. I'm not sure why US cabs don't take credit cards unless there is a big worry over CC fraud. I can see that it would be pretty easy for a cab driver to swipe the card into a machine that copies and stores the magnetic strip information for later reproduction of the card. It happened to me once at Alamo in Las Vegas. The only reason I know it was Alamo is that's the only place the card was used.

By all means take a cab then. The Ft. Lauderdale airport is only 3 miles and 10 minutes from the Port Everglades cruise ship pier. I think it was $12 per cab when the 4 of us cabbed it back. Much cheaper than the per person RCCL transfers.:)

Archived