Soda Packages How do the bartenders know you have it?

doll64

We are leaving on the Epic tomorrow and we have the unlimited soda package. Wondering if we receive a special glass like Royal Carribean gives to distinguish that you have the package?

All packages are encoded onto your sign and sail card.

No special rfid glass. No self-serve.

If you buy the package in advance, you will have "SODA" printed on your cruise card (just like RCL prints CocaCola on your card). If you by the package onboard, they will apply a sticker to your cruise card. You just flash the card at the bar tender (you do not have to had it to them) and they will pour you a glass of soda.

I’ve always received a reusable soda cup as well. Warning- make sure you use a straw. The reusable cups seem to always leak. Once the bartenders know you they refill your cup without need to see your sail card. I drink Diet Pepsi no ice. Only had to ask first time around. Have fun.

I’ve always received a reusable soda cup as well. Warning- make sure you use a straw. The reusable cups seem to always leak. Once the bartenders know you they refill your cup without need to see your sail card. I drink Diet Pepsi no ice. Only had to ask first time around. Have fun.

First time NCL cruiser here! Good to know they have Diet Pepsi!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

First time NCL cruiser here! Good to know they have Diet Pepsi!!!

Diet Pepsi and Diet Mist. After a day or two the bartenders recognize you as a "soda guy", especially when you're getting a fill-up at 8 am at the coffee bar in the atrium.

Royal has a much better soda deal, freestyle coke machines. Lots of choices. Awesome!

And yes, WASH YOUR CUP regularly!!!!

Hmm....so your card does not have your photo on it. What's stopping someone else from using it?

I don't know. But they take your picture when you check in at the port and they give you your card. When you scan on and off the ship, your picture shows up on their screen. Maybe it shows on the screen when they swipe your card for the drinks?

I don't know. But they take your picture when you check in at the port and they give you your card. When you scan on and off the ship, your picture shows up on their screen. Maybe it shows on the screen when they swipe your card for the drinks?
Yeah...that sounds about right, that's IF they scan your card.

Yeah...that sounds about right, that's IF they scan your card.

Even when they don't, I know of "someone" who lent their card to a fellow traveler, NCL lets you get two drinks at a time per card. No questions asked. It wasn't me.

But if I got a beer I could have asked for two. They know. Beers are served open, it's not like you can save them in the frig. Except Miller Lite for some reason. Not a favorite of mine but I would get that as my second to have in the room later.

Even when they don't, I know of "someone" who lent their card to a fellow traveler, NCL lets you get two drinks at a time per card. No questions asked. It wasn't me.

But if I got a beer I could have asked for two. They know. Beers are served open, it's not like you can save them in the frig. Except Miller Lite for some reason. Not a favorite of mine but I would get that as my second to have in the room later.

Yes, I heard you can ask for your bottled beer unopened and most bartenders give it to you. I plan on doing this so I can also take a few back to our room.