Magnets?

deec

Someone suggested magnets to hold various papers ( Like the Viking Daily) to the wall of the cabin. I sure never thought of that and don't know that I need to with the great vanity on the desk that seemed to hold all sorts of miscellaneous "stuff". Or I can just turn on the TV and the calendar will tell me what is happening and where I should go when!

I can't remember the walls are they indeed metal on these lovely new ships?

Anyone remember or if i you are onboard somewhere now would you please check?

I used my magnets on Viking Sea. I put each days excursion tickets and anything else needed for that day up. I only 10 days up and as I removed an excursion, put the next day up. For our upcoming cruise, I bought another pack of magnets, so I can put them all up at once For me it worked great, and I always knew where I was going and what time I had to be some where. I will say I was sad to see my wall emptying.

I have a tiny magnet I'm using on the back of the door to the room - for reminders. That's about all I want and need. Lots of areas are not magnetic, but the back of the door is. The TV has everything I need for reminders - restaurant reservations, excursions, etc.

The walls on the Viking Star were metal and we used magnets of various sizes to hold papers we wanted to have ready the next day and some larger magnets to hold jackets, sweaters, etc. to grab on our way out the door. Definitely not necessary, but we liked using them and will take them along on our next Viking Ocean cruise in May. We also took a small indoor/outdoor thermometer that we were glad we had.

As in the past, on our World Cruise I will have a 2'x3' map. I will mark in red our intended 120-day route. As we progress, I will fill it in with black magic marker. (Caution: if the map is paper, tape some computer paper to the reverse side in case the black were to bleed thru.)

Someone suggested magnets to hold various papers ( Like the Viking Daily) to the wall of the cabin. I sure never thought of that and don't know that I need to with the great vanity on the desk that seemed to hold all sorts of miscellaneous "stuff". Or I can just turn on the TV and the calendar will tell me what is happening and where I should go when!

I can't remember the walls are they indeed metal on these lovely new ships?

Anyone remember or if i you are onboard somewhere now would you please check?

Metal walls - I purchased my magnets from Amazon and they worked Great !

Sent from my iPhone using Forums