Alaska and New York

nikkiw60

From the article:

"Alaska is one of the destinations we're looking at," confirmed Gianni Onorato, CEO of MSC Cruises. "But we need to be cautious. It's gradual growth.... Our strategy is to maintain and enforce our presence in Europe, but Alaska is on the radar."

Onorato didn't say which ships are being considered for potential deployment, but he did add that the line is also considering basing ships in New York and China.

During a press conference, MSC Cruises' Executive Chairman Pierfrancesco Vago mentioned India as an option, as well.

In some of the communication regarding the Seaside, i thought i saw them indicate that the Meraviglia wasn't coming to the US until late 2019. If that is the case, then you wouldn't see a Bermuda season until 2020 if this was the boat. Maybe they might release exact details on the timing/routes once the Seaside is christened on the 21st.

Would enjoy a ship from New York. I don't know how that would work given that Kings Wharf Bermuda is already booked fully between NCL, Royal and Celebrity, but maybe they announced an expansion that I missed. I doubt that the Meraviglia can fit in Hamilton or St.George's, given its size.