Food Allergy and Chefs Table

Rinderoo

My travel companion for my upcoming cruise on the Magic is lactose intolerant. Anyone know how accommodating they may be with the menu? Most soups are cream based as are desserts.

Think this may be something we need to cancel. The cruise line says to discuss with the dining room at boarding. It is easy to avoid lactose in MDR but probably not with the Chefs Table.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

I have eaten at the chef's table twice. I found they would bend over backward to respect diner's food preferences and needs. Most of us can eat anything, and the Chef's table does not disappoint. They also made alternative dishes of similar quality and taste for person's who could not consume any course on the menu. I think you will be pleased at the creativity of the team that presents the dinner.

They are good but sometimes they do screw up.

My wife has unusual food allergies and we do not eat pork or shellfish.

They handled her food allergies fine but served some sort of a bisque. When we asked about it they said no problem no shellfish in it.

When we asked further about base turned out it was a lobster bisque. Have to be very careful and question everything.

It depends on the chef. We had a great experience on the Ecstasy and a horrid experience on the Magic. In both cases we notified them that we were gluten free when they called to confirm and they asked about food allergies. The chef on the Ecstasy went out of his way to accommodate. The chef on the Magic treated us with disdain from the moment we met in the piano bar for cocktails through dinner. Whenever a course was delivered it came with snide remarks loud enough for everyone at the table to hear.

It depends on the chef. We had a great experience on the Ecstasy and a horrid experience on the Magic. In both cases we notified them that we were gluten free when they called to confirm and they asked about food allergies. The chef on the Ecstasy went out of his way to accommodate. The chef on the Magic treated us with disdain from the moment we met in the piano bar for cocktails through dinner. Whenever a course was delivered it came with snide remarks loud enough for everyone at the table to hear.

Carnival would have heard from me about chef on the Magic. If it is too difficult to cater to a persons needs tell them so, otherwise do not complain

Thanks everyone. This is my senior citizen mom, and she just discovered she can no longer tolerate many dairy products, and is totally miserable after she eats them. As much as I want to do this. I will be discussing it when we board the ship. I did the CT on the Oasis and the cream-based sauces, and the soup which was pretty much cream in a bowl (I had two spoonfuls of it) would be too much for her. I looked at the menu and they would have to do some accommodating. I'll do 'dairy free' with her if they can do it.

Carnival would have heard from me about chef on the Magic. If it is too difficult to cater to a persons needs tell them so' date=' otherwise do not complain[/quote']

Don't worry, I sent a letter to Miami after that cruise. I got a form letter type apology that did not actually address what happened.