Upgrade - Do we keep promos?

johnrich

We booked a balcony cabin when NCL was running their Pick All 5 promotion. If we wanted to upgrade (not bid just normal upgrade) to a spa balcony, would we get to keep all five promos or would we have to give up some since the current promo is only 2? I’ve emailed my PCC at NCL twice asking and he hasn’t responded. TIA for your help.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

From "Upgrade Advantage FAQ

5. What happens with the promotions I already have?

You get to keep the promotions you already have. However, no additional promotions will be added to your reservation.

You get to keep the promotions you already have. However, no additional promotions will be added to your reservation.

Upgrade Advantage is the bidding program, not what OP was inquiring about.

Incorrect information, that is for the bidding process. OP wants to know if they upgrade on their own.

OP, according to my experience you get the current promos. If you had five promos but wanted to upgrade to a new cabin and there are only 2 promos being listed right now then you would get the new cabin with the CURRENT promos.

Incorrect information, that is for the bidding process. OP wants to know if they upgrade on their own.

OP, according to my experience you get the current promos. If you had five promos but wanted to upgrade to a new cabin and there are only 2 promos being listed right now then you would get the new cabin with the CURRENT promos.

Yes. When you do a NORMAL room/cabin/booking change - it is usually at the current pricing and current promos. So, sometimes it works out. Sometimes you save money. Sometimes it costs more.

Yes. When you do a NORMAL room/cabin/booking change - it is usually at the current pricing and current promos. So, sometimes it works out. Sometimes you save money. Sometimes it costs more.

Thanks. That’s what I was afraid of. What is aggravating is that I contacted my PCC before the Pick All 5 Promo was over to upgrade but he never got back to us. Then I contacted him again but still no response.

Maybe NCL will run the Pick All 5 promo again for Christmas week and I’ll just call the regular number instead of my PCC.

Thanks. That’s what I was afraid of. What is aggravating is that I contacted my PCC before the Pick All 5 Promo was over to upgrade but he never got back to us. Then I contacted him again but still no response.

Maybe NCL will run the Pick All 5 promo again for Christmas week and I’ll just call the regular number instead of my PCC.

You need to get a different PCC.

You need to get a different PCC.

I may just try to find a TA and have the next two reservations transferred. I do so much on my own though. I hate that they get credit when I do most of the legwork.

If you emailed and still have copies as proof that you contacted before they changed the promo's and your PCC never responded I would call NCL and ask to speak to a supervisor. Explain what happened, nicely of course and see if they will still honor it. If that does not work check out the emails at http://www.elliott.org/company-contacts/norwegian-cruise-line-ncl/ Chris Elliott is a customer service advocate and you can read more there about what to do. You never know what NCL might say, worse they can say is no they can't.

Maybe NCL will run the Pick All 5 promo again for Christmas week

There were promos about the time of Thanksgiving (Black Friday) keep checking from Christmas thru New Years

for more and January 1 for the start of the new year and Insider Offers.

Also scratch your TA try sourcing with a major website like AAA - there are dozens more out there with better

programs incentives miles points OBC. Unless your TA works with you 24/7/365 your time is better spent elsewhere.

Also make note of the Elliott.org website for problem cruise solutions - who to contact and how to do it effectively !

If you emailed and still have copies as proof that you contacted before they changed the promo's and your PCC never responded I would call NCL and ask to speak to a supervisor. Explain what happened, nicely of course and see if they will still honor it. If that does not work check out the emails at http://www.elliott.org/company-contacts/norwegian-cruise-line-ncl/ Chris Elliott is a customer service advocate and you can read more there about what to do. You never know what NCL might say, worse they can say is no they can't.

Thank you for the info. I never heard of him before. I will definitely check with a customer service supervisor and then check on Elliott’s website. Thanks again!

Maybe NCL will run the Pick All 5 promo again for Christmas week

There were promos about the time of Thanksgiving (Black Friday) keep checking from Christmas thru New Years

for more and January 1 for the start of the new year and Insider Offers.

Also scratch your TA try sourcing with a major website like AAA - there are dozens more out there with better

programs incentives miles points OBC. Unless your TA works with you 24/7/365 your time is better spent elsewhere.

Also make note of the Elliott.org website for problem cruise solutions - who to contact and how to do it effectively !

I am hoping that they do offer the promos again for Christmas. I have been watching.

I am an AAA member and used them for one of my cruises to Alaska. The TA was very responsive but I could get more “perks” elsewhere. I started using a major online agency but they don’t participate in the upgrade program so I finally had NCL assign me a PCC. I am going to try AAA again if they participate in Upgrade Advantage.

Thank you for the info. I never heard of him before. I will definitely check with a customer service supervisor and then check on Elliott’s website. Thanks again!

Something similar happened to me. I requested an upsell via email the day before the expiration of the TaxDay promotion. It also happened to be the same day they were evacuating Miami due to Hurricane Irma so I was not surprised that I didn't hear back until several days later. Even though my PCC did have to get permission from a supervisor to apply the TaxDay promotion (i.e., they pay for your taxes and port fees), she was able to do so. I was thrilled. I expected that I might have been told "No" because I did not follow up with a phone call due to my husband having an emergency (but relatively minor) surgical procedure that same day but she really came through for me on this one.

You can also book it yourself and cancel the next day with your PCC.

You are welcome. He writes a column for USA Today as well and it may also be syndicated to other papers.

I find by reading his articles it gives you lots of hints and ideas on how to be a better consumer when it comes to travel and other consumer issues.

Let us know how you make out.