Ensenada with 7 y/o

daytrippertm

Hi,

I'm taking my son on a 4 day cruise soon. I wanted to start off with a 4-day to see if he would like it. It will be the first for both of us.

I have never been to Ensenada and I want him to enjoy the culture. Any ideas of what we should do? A friend told me that he would have more fun on the ship that day and that I should enjoy the shopping alone. I would like to hear from other families who have been there (or anyone else) as to what activities their kids enjoyed if any.

Thanks,

Terry

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;5;10;19;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

5/10 Monarch of the Seas

• 2 weeks later...

HI,

I'm crusing on the Ecstasy the same time (May 10th) and was hoping to find something fun to do in Ensanada also. Anyone have any great ideas? Thanks!1 icon_biggrin.gif

Until I sail again!!!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;05;10;17;30;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Carnival Pride 02/08/2004

Hubby and I cruised Ecstasy with our three daughters then ages 12,9 and 6. We just took a van into town and walked around some. I was not very impressed with Ensenada nor were my kids but, it was good for them to see how other people live and they were humbled. We were never bothered by anyone and had a good time. We were able to buy cheap souvineers for their friends back home. We also stumbled into an off the beaten path barber shop and hubby decided to get a hair cut. This was the best part of Ensenada for us. The older gentleman was very kind and funny. Hubby conversed with him in his very limited spanish but the gentleman really enjoyed us and we him. Hubby got a great haircut as well as a back and neck massage for about $10. We all got a taste of Mexico and it's kind people.

Having said all of that, we spent the rest of the afternoon on the ship and had the best time on deck swimming in the pool and going down the waterslide. Right as you get off the ship there is a building with many goods to buy. We could have just gotten whatever we needed right there but glad we had the experience of downtown. Will be going again in November on Paradise and plan to shop in that building and spend the day on the ship. Have a great time.

Happy Cruizin'

Linda

Paradise 11/29/04 Inlaws 50th wedding anniversary

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=dc143c&cdt=2004;11;29;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Pride 5/29/05 Daughter's Sweet 16

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2005;5;29;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800

<center>

<a href="http://www.escati.com/counter98/free_time_codes.htm">

time98.gif</center>

I would probably take him to the Bufadora. My kids (12, 10, 5) always enjoy it there. First, go to the observation deck and take a look at the sprays of water. Hopefully you'll get a couple of good ones and he'll get slightly wet. Next, as you're walking out of the observatory area toward the shops, stop and watch the Native dancer. His costume is great. Have your son put a dollar bill in the tip container. After that, head out into the shopping area and buy some some churros hot out of the fryer. The kids love them(so do the adults) , and there is no danger of getting sick. Finally, browse the shops and let him pick a souveneir. There are many inexpensive traditional Mexican toys for sale in the shops. My kids always find something for a couple of bucks.

I have never taken a ship excursion to the Bufadora, because we always drive to Ensenada. I would expect it to be a little crowded when the ship tours arrive, but he (and you) should still have a good time. It is probably about a 40 minute drive to get there from the port.

• 1 month later...

Hi, I have done the Baja Cruise 5 times. Our favorite excusion is La Buffadora. The bus ride is about 45 minetes each way. You see alot of the country. Shopping is the best. The blow hole is interesting. The Indian dancer is intertaining. My friends have all liked the tour. We have the bus drop us off in town afterwards for more shopping. The truck the fresh water in for the bathrooms and charge you to use the facilities. The bathrooms are clean, but I bring my own paper and some hand wipes. There is a bathroom on the bus also. Good luck and have fun. Carla

Carla steckmyer

• 1 month later...

We've been to Ensenada twice (by Cruiseship). Some of the other posts recommend La Bufadora. I'd say you could see it once -- just to say you saw it. I remember taking a long bus ride, walking through some "swap meet" shopping and then to see the water rush through huge boulders, spraying up into the air. It was OK, but I wouldn't pay alot to take the shore excursion. We also saw a winery and some historical buildings on our tour... I liked that part better. This was in '96.

The last time we went to Ensenada (2004), we just walked up & down the main drag to buy stuff. Our friends had young children, and they walked with us for a short time... the kids went back to get into the pool.

• 4 months later...

Archived