Drink Package Questions

Maplemoose

If it is just you and your pregnant wife, I think, since you clearly had something to do with her being pregnant, you'll just have to suffer through the week and buy your drinks a la carte. :D

That's quite an assumption, that I had something to do with my wife being pregnant. I really HOPE I did ;p

If buying a-la-carte ends up what's best (assuming she's pregnant, that's not even a given at this time), that's what I'll do. Like I said in a previous post, I just like to make sure I have ALL of the CORRECT information before making a decision. I brought it up because I've gotten conflicting information (PVP told me one thing, CC members saying another), and was just looking for someone with first-hand experience. I honestly couldn't care less either way, I just want to know so I can make an informed decision. I'm not one who's going to get close to my limit, we've pretty much "broke even" on past cruises. I just like it because I can pay it off before I go, plus I can try new drinks I wouldn't generally pay for knowing I can just get a different one if I don't like it.

That's quite an assumption, that I had something to do with my wife being pregnant. I really HOPE I did ;p

If buying a-la-carte ends up what's best (assuming she's pregnant, that's not even a given at this time), that's what I'll do. Like I said in a previous post, I just like to make sure I have ALL of the CORRECT information before making a decision. I brought it up because I've gotten conflicting information (PVP told me one thing, CC members saying another), and was just looking for someone with first-hand experience. I honestly couldn't care less either way, I just want to know so I can make an informed decision. I'm not one who's going to get close to my limit, we've pretty much "broke even" on past cruises. I just like it because I can pay it off before I go, plus I can try new drinks I wouldn't generally pay for knowing I can just get a different one if I don't like it.

I believe that I've read that if any exceptions are made they are made onboard, face to face with the bar manager. So if and when the day comes that would be my advice. Of course you'll spend a little more by buying it onboard but if an exception is made you'll have those savings to soften the blow.

• 4 weeks later...

If your wife ended up being pregnant on the cruise, (or for anyone who's spouse is not able to drink alcohol,) the Cheers plan may still be worth it to purchase, (especially considering the convenience, but also for the following...)

Since the plan includes all non-alcoholic beverages, anything she drinks would be provided. All cocktails can be purchased sans alcohol for $4.75 each. Coffee drinks for up to $5.75. Shakes, $3.95. Bottled water for up to $4.95( San Pellegrino.) Plus juices, sodas, Vitamin water, or Powerade.

If she averages at least 10 drinks of any of those per day, (2 for breakfast, 2 lunch, 2 afternoon, 2 dinner, and 2 evening,) she would just about equal the cost of her cheers. And with your benefits, it would make the cost of two of you paying for Cheers more cost-effective.

If that is not reality, someone here will be sure to correct me, but I believe it to be the case. I hope whatever happens will work out for you!