Anthem - Not quite live...

Hey All -

Back again with some data in Nassau. Been crazy busy enjoying vacation but Ill try to post some more stuff and answers to questions throughout the day today.

Here is the sunrise from this AM as we pulled into Nassau -

12df079f6abb1b806f6702d495b69eed.jpg

-Sean

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I see it’s a formal night on day 2 and day 3? Is that correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Night 2 and night 7.

Many were dressed for formal night 2. Some amazing dresses and tux's. It was awesome walking around and seeing everyone dressed so nice.

We skipped the 1st formal night for Chops and I felt way underdressed walking around in a dark pair of jeans and a dress shirt.

We will hit the secon formal night to hopefully get refilled on lobster.

-Sean

Can you tell me how are the helmets with skating? do they wipe the helmets down after each use or should i wear something under helmet? just concerning on this issue.
Everyone working on the ship is highly conscious of germs and the spreading of them.

They spray and wipe down all the equipment.

If you are a germaphobe, you can bring wipes with you.

-Sean

WindJammer -

Windjammer has been pretty solid. Selection is not bad. We have had no problems getting some good breakfasts and lunches. Better than both our experiences on the Freedom.

They do have a crepe station for breakfast. Possibly open for lunch as well (have not checked yet) but it is closed for dinner.

They also have an omlette station right next to the crepe station. This is located as far back as you can go in the windjammer. And when you think you are far back enough go a little further.

Crepe station can be slow as they only have one machine but most have no clue its there. We have never seen more than 5 people in line. This may grow closer toward the end of the cruise.

They also have fresh made waffles. They cannot keep up the waffles so you have to wait for those (They are right in the front of the WJ)

For dinners they have a fresh grill station where you can choose a piece of raw fish, chicken or steak and they grill it up fresh for you. They also have a wok station with the same pick your veggies and meat and they geill it up for you.

Be conscious of the amount of passengers on board. I spoke to the girl who counts all the people in through the hand washing area and she says they often hit 4000 people in for lunch each day. Less for dinner. So if you go in at 9am it may be pretty packed and hard to get a seat.

There is an outdoor seating area all the way in the back past the Crepe station.

One last thing... and I only know this because my wife loves it. If they dont have smoked salmon you can ask for it and if its in stock they will bring you a little plate of it.

-Sean

Proof of Crepe -

76b1650ac605ed8ddc88e0ed6f5e287b.jpg

Does anyone know if the kids get to do things like Bumper cars, circus and roller skating with the Adventure Ocean as a group? Wasn't sure if they get a special time slot to use them if they are signed into the club. Thanks

I was on the Anthem in November and there wasn't any special AO time for bumper cars. Kids have to be 5+ to ride, and there is a height requirement to ride alone.

Hey All -

Today is the worst day of the cruise.

I sat in the hallway last night and cried like a highschool kid whose girlfriend just broke up with him when I saw this-

e5de18cfbee29efc2b5f34b17787d1d7.jpg

Anyway.... Ill be busy today getting off the ship and driving the 5 hours back to Boston. Gotta find that winter coat I buried away 7 days ago.

Here are the rest of the dailey's -

Day 4

d29d995dc960e24f45f4f498c2d1ad37.jpg

5971b2fa6805ca905b894d8291f57917.jpg

Day 5

5246eea7493be9219ccc6157c93748e9.jpg

94eb93b9700973ff1da9f37f2a0b2640.jpg

The Pools - (and many of them)

Lets start with the indoor pool.* This is a fantastic idea for ships that sail out of the Northeast in Winter.* Day 1 kids were swimming before the ship sailed away (be sure to pack swimsuits in your carry ons).* It wasnt warm but it wasnt cold either. *It felt like your steamy YMCA indoor pool.* This area was full through day 2 but that was it.* Lots of seats empty through the remainder of the cruise.* There is a bar, pool towels, kids wading pool, 2 jaccuzzis and*your standard cruise pool. *

This area is right before the Solarium so if mom wants to drop dad and the*kids and go sit and read a book with the amazing view out the front of the ship, she will only be a few steps away when the boo boo tears come and dad doesnt cut it.

Outside pool is your standard fare.* 2 more Jacuzzis (which were great for that 2nd cold day at sea) and a standard cruise pool.* Slightly bigger than the indoor pool.* There is a kids area but lacking compared to modern standards.* A small zero entry pool about 12" deep and a very small ankle high play area.*

*In addition there is a play pool for older kids that is a round pool about 12 ' across and the water is about 3' deep.* The water swirls around in*the circle.*

Younger kids, dont get your hopes up.* You must have a "Shoulder Height" of 3'6" to use this kiddie pool.* My 10yo who is short for his stature was just short of using the pool.* Sadness as we were on the Freedom in March and there was no such restriction.* Its one of my 10yo's happy places.

(On a happier note...by day 6 my 10yo finagled his way into this pool by building a repoire with the life guard there.)

-Sean

Outdoor and kids pool area from Northstar

7d4940c8f22278362558be772abfcfcd.jpg

Solarium -

The Solarium on this ship is Amazing. The entire top front of the ship is glassed in. It offers amazing views out the front of the ship. It also has a wing bridge on either side, great for sailaway and sunset pictures.

If you are 16 or older you should have no problems using the cascading sitting pools in the Solarium. They were mostly empty each time I visited. Not heated so a little cool for day 2. Day 2 was certainly the busiest for the Solarium Jaccuzis.

Its a beautiful area to sit and relax and also swing if you want. Great place to have a drink and read a book. The Solarium Bistro is right there as well. This could very well be your cruise life support system as you would never have to leave.

c4350882bc4717af358566aa091b9161.jpg

-Sean

Does anyone know if the kids get to do things like Bumper cars, circus and roller skating with the Adventure Ocean as a group? Wasn't sure if they get a special time slot to use them if they are signed into the club. Thanks

We just got off today. My son is 12, and so was considered a teen. They had lots of reserved bumper cars, rollerskating, flowrider & rock climbing sessions just for them. We also did bumper cars at noon as soon as we boarded - best tip ever!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

They do that to stagger people in.... I always get there first thing

Well, when we board next Friday (12/22) I'll make sure we go early. There is no way my mom could stand in lines like that. Our Set Sail pass has an 11-11:30 check in time, so I'm going to make sure we get there to make that window.

I was going to have the younger one go to school for the 1/2 day, but now I'm thinking he can miss it.

Are you on an 8 nighter? If so, then you'll be getting off when we board. So there was no one with iPads checking people in? That's different from the last time we sailed her (albeit the same cruise in 2015).

Two70-

Wow. Just wow. My background is in Audio/Visual and walking into this space just gets me excited. Well decorated and very comfortable its a lounge... um no, a library... well not really... its kind of like a night club but a lounge all day. Mostly quiet and very peaceful and relaxing. Mixed seating areas with couches and comfy chairs with a little cafe.

Incorporated into the seating area are the performance stages and lifts. 5 entrances from below deck and 4 from above. A centered circular stage in the middle that rises and lowers with walkways to connect the center stage to stage left and stage right.

And then there is the technology in this room. 6 robomatic led paneled screens. Then a panoramic projected image that goes onto the window shades when they are pulled down in the evening (36 projectors). A sound system that fills the room, lighting fixtures galore with movers and theater and strobe lights.

Its quite an amazing space. And that 37 million dollars is just whats in it. I cannot imagine the time and money spent to program the lighting and video and orchestration of the stage moves and entrances from the ceiling. Its really mind blowing when you think about it. Just the robomatic screens alone - Who programmmed where the screen would move to and what would be on it when it moved to that location and then how the screen would rotate once the desired image is on the screen?

Really... its mind blowing.

Needless to say we spent many hours just relaxing and lounging around in Two70. It was our default go to. The perfomances there are superb. And quite honestly I think they are only going to get better as the people who program this technology get a little more creative with the space.

-Sean

Our Rooms - 7272+7274

When we booked, our TA said we got the last two available balconies that were side by side. This was the first cruise we have ever had 2 seperate rooms. Let me just say that opening the balconey divider was awesome. Right off the bat we had a nice wide open space out back. Some of the other things I liked about the Anthem rooms -

Night light in the bathroom

Plenty of outlets

Desk that doubles as a table

Movable footrest under the balcony chairs

Plenty of storage

They seemed a little small but wifey and I had our own space and the 4 kids had theirs. It was nice with 4 girls to have 2 bathrooms.

Our stewared, Desmond, was*the best steward we ever had. Fantastically amazing.

-Sean

The Shows -

We Will Rock You -

This was an interesting one. Let me say first off that I am a fan of Freddy Mercury's music and Freddie's stage prescence is captivating. I was really hoping that the musical performances for this show would capture some of Freddie's energy. They did not.

I must throw a disclaimer here though - We did not stay for the whole show. My 17 year old daughter and I were both a little uncomfortable after the insinuated sex scene and two scenes later something reminiscent of what you might see in an burlesque night club in Amsterdam or Thailand and we just lost interest at that point. We did notice about 10 or 12 other couples getting up and leaving around the same time.

The scenic elements were great and they built an entire truss and lighting set for this show which really gave it that "Rock Show" pop. The actors were good. The script was comical with lots of musical references although it was a tad bit cheesy. Muscianship from the Anthem band was good. Props to the theatrical crew that keep these shows running.

Spectras Caberet -

This was a neat show that was more of a medley or collection of musical numbers that highlighted the capabilities of the Two70 space. It started off great and we were thoroughly entertained but there were two specific numbers that turned from sexy classy to more of a sexy trashy scene. One was a scene in which the Girls danced against the Boys. The girls came out in partial body suits and danced a tad more seductively than what one would expect from a family show. The third to last number the lead wore little less than a leotard that she seemed to have squeezed into and her dance/rope act revealed a little more of her body parts than my 10 year old son needed to see. The second to last number turned to an eastern music thing that seemed disjointed from the rest of the show.

The space is amazing and has tons of potential. The performers are just incredible dancers and pulled the audience right in. I thought the way the seating and staging blended together really made you feel as the show was happening all around you especially as you sat towards the front.

The Gift -

This was the first show that we saw, but I saved this review for last because it was the best. We truly enjoyed this show. Before we got on the ship I read so many negative reviews about this show and we were hesitant going in.

For those who have reviewed The Gift and said they didn't understand it, we were all left scratching our heads. The plot is simple and moving. For anyone who has ever lost a loved one it'll be hard not to shed a tear or two.

That being said, while the plot was simple the story line was a little more abstract and my kids all agreed at one point it seemed disjointed. But certainly not hard to follow.

We fell in love with the characters and many of the songs in the show were family favorites of ours.

The scenery was great and we loved the way they used the full depth and width of the stage to pull you into the scenes. Great acting, singing and dancing as well. Royal Caribbeans actors/dancers are top notch.

All of the production shows on the ship are top notch. The time and effort that goes into the production is amazing. The only thing negative was the cross over from the "Sexy Classy" into the "Sexy Trashy" in some of the numbers. With the creative team that RCI has it wouldn't take much to add a little cute or classy to the costumes and focus more on the amazing technical skills of the dancers.

-Sean

Edited by wilmingtech