Equinox sofa vs overhead bed

Tara619

We have room Equinox room 6206 (2D veranda) booked for the 3 of us (me, DH, and DS-12). On the deck plan, it only has the triangle which indicates the overhead bed. I’m fairly certain there’s a sofa in there too, perhaps it just doesn’t open into a bed. They wouldn’t mind DS sleeping on the sofa would they? I don’t think he’ll want the overhead bed. I’m concerned we may need to change rooms, but final payment is due in 9 days so I need to figure this out.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have room Equinox room 6206 (2D veranda) booked for the 3 of us (me, DH, and DS-12). On the deck plan, it only has the triangle which indicates the overhead bed. I’m fairly certain there’s a sofa in there too, perhaps it just doesn’t open into a bed. They wouldn’t mind DS sleeping on the sofa would they? I don’t think he’ll want the overhead bed. I’m concerned we may need to change rooms, but final payment is due in 9 days so I need to figure this out.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you do a search for photos of the overhead bed you may be pleasantly surprised! It is truly a bed, rather than a sleep sofa. My granddaughter (also 12) much prefers the bed to the sofa.

They wouldn't mind at all if your son wants to sleep on the sofa. Your room steward will fix him up with sheets and bedding for the sofa if that is where he chooses to sleep. Sometimes, when I am restless, I move to the couch so as not to disturb my DH. The room steward has always left a set of sheets and blanket folded up on the couch for me to use. He / she would make it up if I wanted.

If you pick a room with a square - there is a trundle that slides out from underneath the sofa. The sofa doesn't fold out. Our steward took the mattress from the trundle and put it atop the sofa, making it more comfortable for my son. The empty trundle was slipped underneath the sofa so it's not in the way. I don't know if the triangle cabins have that extra mattress.