Hubby requests lots of shade and not crowded beach

runninggalintexas

Nachi Cocom is never crowded (limited to 130 guests per day), offers lots of shade plus great food, drinks and service. Strictly AI (food/drinks) for about $55 per person.

For non-AI look at Paradise Beach. Big enough that you can always find shady seats away from the crowds, great facilities, HUGE pool, and good food/drinks/service. Admission is only $3 each.

Taxi to either will be about $17 each way - fare covers up to 4 passengers sharing the cab, so pair up with others on your roll call.

I agree with both of these suggestions. If you are looking for an AI with everything included the Nachi Cocom would be your place.

If you just want a cheaper day with a $3 admission, the Paradise has a lot of shade and the place is huge.

I have reviews on both of these places, listed in my signature line, and there's TONS of pictures to help you decide.

There's also a place called Playa Palancar that has plenty of shade too...and even peacocks! :D

I noticed in pictures that some of the beaches are a little rocky, or have coral. Which is the best beach for just bobbling with sand under my feet? 😄

Some have complained that the sand at Nachi Cocom is "too soft"? :confused:

I would focus more on the beach club and amenities that meet your needs (AI, pay as you go, water toys, kiddie pool, etc.) - most of the popular beach clubs (Paradise, Sanchos, etc.) are lined up along the same side of the island and the water quality and sand will be about the same at all of them.

Some have complained that the sand at Nachi Cocom is "too soft"? :confused:

Haha John...I just have to tell you this story. My next door neighbor just returned from a cruise on the Oasis of the Seas yesterday. (We were supposed to go with them but just got back a few weeks ago from a different cruise, so we couldn't go...darnit). Anyhow, when I ask her where they went for Cozumel, she told me Nachi and I ask her opinion of it....SHE COMPLAINED OF THE TOO SOFT SINKING SAND! ;p I cracked up laughing uncontrollable. :D I was like "there ya go, it can't be just me". She said they struggled to walk in the sand and her legs were worn out. haha...I'm not the only one. But, the place is still very beautiful there. I won't deny that!

Wow. And Nacho is next to Playa Mia and I thought that was the coarsest sand ever. Maybe they mean it is puffy and has a lot of give when you walk in it. But actually soft? I can’t see that. It was so rough. Usually I like to sit in the sand and bury my legs. My kids bury each other. Nope. My little ones refused to even play in the sand there.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums