Carnival TV offerings

NavarreCruiser

I would be willing to bet that Carnival will find a way to broadcast the Super Bowl on their ships. It is too big an event to ignore.

IDK. Lots of people are ignoring football this year, myself included. Haven’t watched one minute this season. Not going to get into any further discussion than that.

But yeah, they probably will find a way to get it.

John Heald just posted the following on his FB page:

"For those of you sailing during the Super Bowl in February the game will be shown as usual on the Lido big screens and in the main theatre and will be preceded by a huge party"

So yup, you'll be able to watch the Super Bowl!

KC

TV is such a non issue for me on a cruise. The TV is barely on other than the ship's channels. I understand it's a big deal for some, but I don't get it, you're on a cruise.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Forums mobile app

I usually go to bed early and like to watch TV before I fall asleep. I'll also put it on when I'm getting ready. I like to be a little bit in the know about what's going on.

IDK. Lots of people are ignoring football this year, myself included. Haven’t watched one minute this season. Not going to get into any further discussion than that.

But yeah, they probably will find a way to get it.

not really, NFL setting record viewers, most stadiums season passes sold out for years.

I usually go to bed early and like to watch TV before I fall asleep. I'll also put it on when I'm getting ready. I like to be a little bit in the know about what's going on.
That is pretty much what we do. Turn it on just to make sure the world is still there. But things like football, TV shows, etc, that is what a DVR is for. But, of course, this is just one person's opinion.

That is pretty much what we do. Turn it on just to make sure the world is still there. But things like football, TV shows, etc, that is what a DVR is for. But, of course, this is just one person's opinion.

Yeah I’ll DVR programs I miss except for when “Shades of Blue” is on. I HAVE to watch that [emoji39]!

"For those of you sailing during the Super Bowl in February the game will be shown as usual on the Lido big screens and in the main theatre and will be preceded by a huge party"

KC

Thanks. I wonder why John Heald decided not to share information about the loss of the ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX when he stated the Superbowl would be televised except for in cabins. Carnival should be transparent about changes.

So were you able to confirm that this is the correct list of channels that was given by someone else that she got from her PVP in response to your post on the other place? If so, it doesn't look too bad but I did like seeing the "local" Miami news and NBC. A lot of my shows I watch are on there.

What is the point in them getting rid of the Network channels? Wouldn't it be cheaper to carry those only and forget the "cable" channels?

CNN

CNN International

CNN Espanol

HLN

Boomerang

Cartoon Network

TNT

TBS

TCM

Trutv

Complimentary movie channel will run a loop of rotating

PG-13 movies

In addition, select bars onboard will broadcast ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN SEC and FOX Sports.

Channel lineup for cruises from Australia and Europe will not be the same as above.

Looks like the lineup we had on the Dream last week. I also missed having the Miami stations.

KC

This makes me so glad. The superbowl is on my birthday this year, which is why the hubby agreed to go somewhere. This is our first cruise and we assumed we'd be able to watch the superbowl. This post was initially making me nervous. I know it's counting our chickens before they are hatched, but there is a chance that our team will make it to the superbowl, so we NEED to be able to watch it if that happens!

not really, NFL setting record viewers, most stadiums season passes sold out for years.

From a NY Post article:

The NFL scored its biggest TV audience of the season in the Pittsburgh Steelers’ controversial loss to the New England Patriots on Sunday night — but it wasn’t enough to reverse overall viewership declines.

The disappointing TV audience for Week 15’s eight games, including two on Saturday, left the NFL’s average TV viewership 9 percent below last season’s total for the same period, according to Nielsen.