Celebrity Virgins

Canuk Cruisers

So this will be our 13th Cruise but our first with Celebrity on the Silhouette in Jan. Previous cruises on CCL, RCI, NCL & Princess.

We have the classic beverage package and have learned all the perks about upgrading, specialty coffees and bottled water.

We notice there is a lot of specialty restaurants and cafe's on board. How do you know which ones have an upcharge, how much, or are for select members of Aqua, etc. when you walk up to them. Don't mind doing some but like to know in advance without seeming Silly (pun intended).

Any other tips for Celebrity newbies are also welcome, thanks.

Edited by Canuk Cruisers
wrong acronym, doh

All speciality restaurants have a surcharge. Cost depends on the restaurant. There maybe specials onboard. You can buy a package for speciialty restaurants. If you are not in Aqua Class you can’t dine in Blu, same for Luminae as that restaurant is strictly for suites. Murano, in my opinion, is th best specially restaurant.

We have done 10 cruises on Celebrity and only dined in a specialty restaurant three times. The specialty restaurants are expensive and the MDR food is consistently good, so we skip the extra expense.

Celebrity is our favorite line. Service is always excellent and we love their ships. No mega ships that are too large.

So this will be our 13th Cruise but our first with Celebrity on the Silhouette in Jan. Previous cruises on CCL, RCI, NCL & Princess.

We have the classic beverage package and have learned all the perks about upgrading, specialty coffees and bottled water.

We notice there is a lot of specialty restaurants and cafe's on board. How do you know which ones have an upcharge, how much, or are for select members of Aqua, etc. when you walk up to them. Don't mind doing some but like to know in advance without seeming Silly (pun intended).

You can find the cost of the specialty restaurants in your cruise planner. You access that from your X online account. After you click on manage my reservation which will bring you to your reservation, click on "explore cruise planner". You can access specialty restaurants, shore excursions, packages etc. here.

You will need to make reservations for the specialty restaurants either on line or onboard. Silhouette has Murano, Tuscan Grille, Qsine, Lawn Club, Sushi on 5 and The Porch. Suites done in Luminae, Agua Class dines in Blu. Cafe al Bacio desserts are free but coffee and teas arent unless you have a beverage package. The Gelateria is a charge, but ice cream is available in the Ocean View Cafe. The Aqua Spa Cafe, located in the solarium is free.

We have sailed on celebrity for years and love the cruise line - I like a more intimate and quiet dining experience so after sailing with them for so long we usually do a lot of the specialty restaurants. Our favorite ones are silk harvest, Tuscan grill, lawn club grill and sushi on 5 - they can be expensive but if the demand for them is low during your cruise the line has offered discounts during the cruise to us in the past when you purchase on board.

Our very first cruise on Celebrity we only did Murano and the main dining room because the food in the MDR was just so delicious. When we cruise now we always pick select seating because we like the flexibility but sometimes you do have to wait for a table. Enjoy your cruise! :)

All speciality restaurants have a surcharge. Cost depends on the restaurant. There maybe specials onboard. You can buy a package for speciialty restaurants. If you are not in Aqua Class you can’t dine in Blu, same for Luminae as that restaurant is strictly for suites. Murano, in my opinion, is th best specially restaurant.
We ate twice in Qsine on the 14 day Silhouette and really enjoyed the new menu.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

First I don't miss living in winterpeg...just saying..91-94..so cold. brrr.

Outside of the 3 major specialty Murano, Tuscan, Qsine. You also pay for Birstro, Shushi on 5, Lawn Grill.

I recommed main dining room for lunch when it is open....and on a slow day when you want some quiet...room service ( has some really great sandwiches and lunch fair) sometimes I just need a break from people and noise and just enjoy a quiet lunch on the balcony.

Classic drink pack is good , if one of you wants to upgrade cause you prefer a better choice in wine or different cocktails or beer....and the other person is fine with classic you can do that.

My hubby prefers Stella (beer) it is top shelf so he has to upgrade...I am fine on classic.

Try the zero proof drinks...really nice.

You will find Celebrity to be more like Princess than the other three you've cruised.

Enjoy! :D

Thanks all for the tips and any new ones welcome.

I know that the beverage packages has changed so that you can now pay the difference between what the max amount of the package is, $9 I think, and the higher priced drink + the 15% tip of course.

Yes but it's the difference + 18%.

Hearing all the comments about Quisine..we tried Quisine. I assure you...it was all about the waiter. We got the ipad...we made our selections and our waiter brought us HIS selections! For us...that was the last time for that venue! We loved the lobster that was served in the ship restaurants and were happy to find that Murano offered this entree. Problem was, we were seated in a spot behind a wall that was adjacent to a bar band...(Sillouette) Then we tried Tuscan Grille...nice location, nice view from stern of the ship...great service and great food. Advice...do not let them seat you in the area behind that band stand unless you like the sound of a bass drum throughout your meal.

We booked Murano on board since they were offering 2 for 1 deals...when we switched to Tuscan...we did not get the same deal but we did get a better price than offered pre cruise.

Bottom line...the price depends on the ship, crew, and and also how many reservations they have for a given night!

I know that the beverage packages has changed so that you can now pay the difference between what the max amount of the package is, $9 I think, and the higher priced drink + the 15% tip of course.

Tipping is 18%. And if you do a spa treatment......which are awesome BTW...they will automatically add on 18% tip ....not an option but you can always give more.

When we were on the Eclipse in November the added tip for drinks was 18%.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk