Gap in Ruby schedule

girlguide

Our Sept 29/18 one nighter (Seattle to Vancouver) on Ruby Princess has disappeared from the "Plan a Cruise" schedule and there is a gap from Sept 29 - Oct 13/18. Any guesses what they're up to now??

Our booking is still in the personalizer & no emails from Princess about a change. No TA involved, I book these myself as soon as they appear (if they fit our schedule).

The Ruby is scheduled for dry dock September 30 to October 13, 2018 in Victoria, BC.

Interesting.... I wonder what they will do with us?

There is a 7 day California coastal roundtrip Seattle disembarking on the 29th & we were supposed to board on the 29th for the PVSA compliant repositioning one nighter to Vancouver.

I wonder if they will keep our one nighter & disembark us in Victoria? Could work...city bus to the BC ferry to Tsawwassen & bus home from there.

We're on that one day Seattle to Vancouver as well. We tagged it on to the end of our California round-trip from Seattle so that we can do some family visiting in BC after our cruise. I don't think they need to change anything - it's not that far for them to take the ship wherever it needs to be after the passengers have disembarked in Vancouver.

I don't think they need to change anything - it's not that far for them to take the ship wherever it needs to be after the passengers have disembarked in Vancouver.

It's probably about 2 hours sailing from Port Metro Vancouver to Esquimalt. So, hopefully they decide to keep the one nighter.

This is a Saturday boarding & they usually sellout as a party cruise. Very popular for special birthdays, stag/stagettes & weddings.

They may be working on the ***** which is scheduled to start on the Ruby in early 2019.

I do believe that is a very safe bet that ***** will be installed on the ship. However other activities will occur as well and it will be interesting if any deck changes are made. Maybe replace SHARES with Sabatini's? There is hope.

Just got our cancellation notice from our TA this morning. We're also on the previous cruise and it's still going.

We got ours overnight too. Looks like they decided that whatever they have planned for the dry dock, they could use an extra day.

From what we've read about the Regal's Ocean Medallion launch, an extra year might not be enough.

Jim

We too were on the one day Ruby sailing Seattle/Vancouver....got the email this morning from Princess that it is 'officially cancelled due to 'redeployment'. Called Princess, she is being sent into drydock a day earlier now!! What a bummer!!! as we tacked this one day sailing to Vancouver to meet a ship there for another cruise - guess we will fly directly to Vancouver now!! :loudcry:

Just talked to Princess - they called me. Had my deposit & the OBC added to another cruise already booked.

I hope they don’t do away with our little getaway cruises. There’s only 3 now for 2018/19.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk