Star Princess Post Dry Dock - December 16 - 19

timtrek

You're right about the new look. Much nicer. I'm just wondering how comfortable the new chairs are compared to the old ones. Maybe a ploy so people don't linger and make it hard to get a table during the more crowded times?

i sat in the horizon several times to eat or play games and the chairs were plenty comfortable, but i prefer chairs with no arms on them for he most part. the arms are usually not at the right height to be useful to me.

We were also on this sailing and stayed on for the 15 day Hawaii following it. It was two of the best cruises we have done! The staff were superb throughout the ship. The shows on the Hawaii leg were outstanding (Born to Dance, British Invasion, Motor City), and they also had the pub night, two pub lunches, voice of the ocean, etc.

Internet was bad..,I had more luck with wifi than with the computers at the Internet cafe. The new kids clubs were great- my kids went everyday for 18 days and had a blast. So open and bright and there were 4 rooms rather than the usual 3. They were split by ages 3-6, 7-9, 10-12, and teens! This was was so much better than having all 8-23 together as they usually do!

There were two happy hours for Hawaii - both at sky walkers. Buy one get one $1. One was at 3:30 to 4:30 and the other was in the later evening (10:30?) Both drinks had to be the same.

Happy to answer any questions...

OMG! Thank you for posting this. I'm going on the Star next month to Hawaii and have been searching for a post with info and pics since the ship has been refurbished. All I read about is how old the Star was. Now I feel better about going. Thank you so much. If you have any more pictures (cabin etc)please post. I’d like to see the patter if you have it.

We are in a balcony cabin.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

i uploaded the patters here, i would only caution this was a christmas/new years cruise, so maybe the nights are different when no holidays.

on flickr, click to zoom and it becomes ginormous and easy to read.

spoilers, it was days 3, 10, and 13 on our cruise.

2nd sea day, first sea day after hawaii, and 2 sea days before ensenada.

39505927101_afe5754fc7_t.jpgpatter day 1 by donielle g, on Flickr

i uploaded the patters here, i would only caution this was a christmas/new years cruise, so maybe the nights are different when no holidays.

on flickr, click to zoom and it becomes ginormous and easy to read.

spoilers, it was days 3, 10, and 13 on our cruise.

2nd sea day, first sea day after hawaii, and 2 sea days before ensenada.

39505927101_afe5754fc7_t.jpgpatter day 1 by donielle g, on Flickr

Thank you so much!!

We were also on this sailing and stayed on for the 15 day Hawaii following it. It was two of the best cruises we have done! The staff were superb throughout the ship. The shows on the Hawaii leg were outstanding (Born to Dance, British Invasion, Motor City), and they also had the pub night, two pub lunches, voice of the ocean, etc.

Internet was bad..,I had more luck with wifi than with the computers at the Internet cafe. The new kids clubs were great- my kids went everyday for 18 days and had a blast. So open and bright and there were 4 rooms rather than the usual 3. They were split by ages 3-6, 7-9, 10-12, and teens! This was was so much better than having all 8-23 together as they usually do!

There were two happy hours for Hawaii - both at sky walkers. Buy one get one $1. One was at 3:30 to 4:30 and the other was in the later evening (10:30?) Both drinks had to be the same.

Happy to answer any questions...

What kind of and did you stay in and did you like it? Also where the seas rough we’re going in February wondering how rough the season might be

Were a lot of people dressed up for formal night?

Thanks!

What kind of cabin did you have and did you like it? Also where the seas rough we’re going in February wondering how rough the season might be

Thanks!

What kind of and did you stay in and did you like it? Also where the seas rough we’re going in February wondering how rough the season might be

Thanks!

We had an inside for the 3 day from Vancouver to LA and a balcony for the 15 day Hawaii. Both on Caribe Aft. The rooms were fine - standard staterooms. I always choose aft cabins for proximity to buffet and kids club and like Caribe for the half covered balcony. We did a cabin crawl with members of the rollcall and I enjoyed seeing other offerings - oceanview on plaza, vista suite on caribe and grand suite (I think that's what it was called) on aloha. As we were walking around the outside deck on deck 7, I noticed some balcony cabins at the very front of the ship (must have been Emerald deck) that had balconies overlooking the promenade. I've never noticed these on any other ships (not to say they are not there but I've not seen them). For me, those would be rooms to avoid - I would HATE to have people constantly walking past my balcony!

The seas were quite choppy on the trip down the coast and for the first 1 or 2 days out of LA but after that I barely noticed any movement. Definitely not bad enough to bother me or my family but if you are prone to motion sickness then the first and last days were the bumpiest!

We had an inside for the 3 day from Vancouver to LA and a balcony for the 15 day Hawaii. Both on Caribe Aft. The rooms were fine - standard staterooms. I always choose aft cabins for proximity to buffet and kids club and like Caribe for the half covered balcony. We did a cabin crawl with members of the rollcall and I enjoyed seeing other offerings - oceanview on plaza, vista suite on caribe and grand suite (I think that's what it was called) on aloha. As we were walking around the outside deck on deck 7, I noticed some balcony cabins at the very front of the ship (must have been Emerald deck) that had balconies overlooking the promenade. I've never noticed these on any other ships (not to say they are not there but I've not seen them). For me, those would be rooms to avoid - I would HATE to have people constantly walking past my balcony!

The seas were quite choppy on the trip down the coast and for the first 1 or 2 days out of LA but after that I barely noticed any movement. Definitely not bad enough to bother me or my family but if you are prone to motion sickness then the first and last days were the bumpiest!

Thank you for the information. We are on the Baja deck, midship. Would have liked to have aft balcony but all sold out.