January Cruise, prepay tips?

JNAL2T

I registered online for on cruise on the Summit this January. I do not see an option to prepay gratuities, am I missing something? We have six adults booked in three rooms and all would rather pay now then after the cruise.

If you booked with a TA call them and have them add the prepaid gratuities. Since you are after final payment they will charge your credit card.

If you booked direct with Celebrity call and they can charge the gratuities now.

I'd do it now - looks like they are going up.

As you get ready for your upcoming cruise, we wanted to let you know that we've updated our daily gratuity rates. The new rates will be applied to all sailings from 2 January 2018 onwards. Anyone booked prior to 2 January 2018, will have until the time of their sailing to pay their gratuities at the old rate.

If you've prepaid your gratuities, you will not be effected by this price change.

If you've not yet prepaid your gratuities, you can still pay the original rates by prepaying them before 2nd January 2018. If you pay your gratuities on board, you will pay the new rates.

New Gratuity Rates:

• Interior, Ocean View and Balcony staterooms will change from $13.50 to $14.50 per day, per guest.

• Concierge Class and AquaClass® staterooms will change from $14.00 to $15.00 per day, per guest.

• Suite Class accommodations will change from $17.00 to $18.00 per day, per guest.

Gratuities are shared by our exceptional onboard dining and culinary services team, stateroom attendants, other housekeeping services personnel, as well as staff from other departments who work behind the scenes to enhance your cruise experience.

If you've already prepaid your gratuities or decide to prepay them before you set sail, you will not be charged any additional automatic daily gratuities once on board the ship.

Other onboard gratuity policies remain the same: an 18% gratuity is automatically added to bar service beverages; specialty dining reservations, and mini bar items and will be itemised on your receipt.