Formal night????

kmdreamcatcher

Thank you Mr Bill. First time on carnival and have to tell everyone how to pack. [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Carnival is less formal than most cruises. I don't cruise out of Baltimore like Mr Grumpy so he would know better than I but on "most" CCL ships you don't see that many suits or tuxes.

This is from Carnvals website:

Main Dining Room(s)

Following is the dress code in the Main Dining Room(s) for both men and women and pertains to children as well:

Cruise Casual Dress Code

• Men: sport slacks, khakis, Jeans (no cut-offs), dress shorts (long) and collared polo shirts
  • Women: summer dresses, casual skirts, pants, capris, dress shorts, Jeans (no cut-offs) blouses and tops
  • Not permitted: Cut-off Jeans, men’s sleeveless shirts, tee-shirts, gym or basketball shorts, baseball hats, flip-flops and bathing suit attire

Cruise Elegant Dress Code

• Men: dress slacks, dress shirts, and we also suggest a sport coat; men may also wish to wear a suit and tie or tuxedo
  • Women: Cocktail dresses, pantsuits, elegant skirts and blouses; ladies may also wish to wear an evening gown
  • Not permitted: Jeans, men’s sleeveless shirts, shorts, tee-shirts, sportswear, gym or basketball shorts, baseball hats, flip-flops and bathing suit attire

Cruise Elegant Evenings / Formal Nights

The length of the cruise determines the number of 'Cruise Elegant' evenings in the Dining Room. The first 'Cruise Elegant' evening is scheduled for the second or third evening of the cruise and the second 'Cruise Elegant' evening is the second or third evening prior to the end of the cruise, itinerary schedule permitting.

• 2-day to 5-day cruise: one Cruise Elegant evening
  • 6-day or longer cruise: two Cruise Elegant evenings

Bill

The Pride gets lots of tuxes and ball gowns the first formal night so get as fancy as you want. The second night is usually less formal with cocktail dresses and suits. Have fun!

Ball gown is out...I am going to be lucky to get my sister in a cocktail dress both nights.

My sister better have fun...this is her Christmas/birthday present with me and our mom. Almost a year planning and finally less then a week and I can let the cat out of the bag for her to know!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Carnival is less formal than most cruises. I don't cruise out of Baltimore like Mr Grumpy so he would know better than I but on "most" CCL ships you don't see that many suits or tuxes.

This is from Carnvals website:

Main Dining Room(s)

Following is the dress code in the Main Dining Room(s) for both men and women and pertains to children as well:

Cruise Casual Dress Code

• Men: sport slacks, khakis, Jeans (no cut-offs), dress shorts (long) and collared polo shirts
  • Women: summer dresses, casual skirts, pants, capris, dress shorts, Jeans (no cut-offs) blouses and tops
  • Not permitted: Cut-off Jeans, men’s sleeveless shirts, tee-shirts, gym or basketball shorts, baseball hats, flip-flops and bathing suit attire

Cruise Elegant Dress Code

• Men: dress slacks, dress shirts, and we also suggest a sport coat; men may also wish to wear a suit and tie or tuxedo
  • Women: Cocktail dresses, pantsuits, elegant skirts and blouses; ladies may also wish to wear an evening gown
  • Not permitted: Jeans, men’s sleeveless shirts, shorts, tee-shirts, sportswear, gym or basketball shorts, baseball hats, flip-flops and bathing suit attire

Cruise Elegant Evenings / Formal Nights

The length of the cruise determines the number of 'Cruise Elegant' evenings in the Dining Room. The first 'Cruise Elegant' evening is scheduled for the second or third evening of the cruise and the second 'Cruise Elegant' evening is the second or third evening prior to the end of the cruise, itinerary schedule permitting.

• 2-day to 5-day cruise: one Cruise Elegant evening
  • 6-day or longer cruise: two Cruise Elegant evenings

Bill

Not a Mr. Lol

Yes, more people dress up on Pride than most of the other Carnival ships but you will be fine in whatever you choose to wear.

I'm not sure about the whole suit thing- I've noticed plenty of suits/sport coats on my sailings (albeit limited). It may have been because of Thanksgiving week but I saw many tuxes on Elegant night, enough that I didn't feel out of place in mine (it was a milestone anniversary year so we really got dressed up for the photogs). (OP, just noticed you just joined our roll call! Woot!)