Taking a Drink When Boarding

I have seen the thread about taking a case of water or soda on board, but what about taking a drink during check in? Is this allowed? I am thinking along the lines of a cup from breakfast, a bottle of water, or Gatorade. Can we have something like this when we go through security to drink while waiting to board?

I have seen the thread about taking a case of water or soda on board, but what about taking a drink during check in? Is this allowed? I am thinking along the lines of a cup from breakfast, a bottle of water, or Gatorade. Can we have something like this when we go through security to drink while waiting to board?

I've not seen them have a problem with folks bringing a bottle of water during check-in.

I've not seen them have a problem with folks bringing a bottle of water during check-in.

Thank you. I wasn't sure about security and all of that. I figure having some sort of food and drink may make the children less annoying while we wait. They are already asking when we leave a few times a day.

Thank you. I wasn't sure about security and all of that. I figure having some sort of food and drink may make the children less annoying while we wait. They are already asking when we leave a few times a day.

They usually put out some water in the waiting area, and if you're lucky, some cookies too.

;p

Please do. That would be justification for me wanting to take a drink or two.

Lol, I just want to make waiting to board as painless as possible. Honestly tap water is fine, but some sugared, rot the teeth junk will make them happier. They aren't preschoolers, and I figure as long as there is something to eat, drink, and the tablets are charged they should mostly not make me want to scream. Hopefully it won't take to long but a full holiday cruise and who knows what delays, I want to be prepared for the worst. One child has already whined about not being able to go straight to the pool. Galveston forecast looks a little chilly for swimming.

One child has already whined about not being able to go straight to the pool. Galveston forecast looks a little chilly for swimming.

Eh, let ‘em swim. If it’s too cold they’ll turn blue and get out and you can get free hugs as you towel them off and get them warm again. If it’s not too cold they won’t get out.

Either way, you’re the hero for letting them swim.

Eh, let ‘em swim. If it’s too cold they’ll turn blue and get out and you can get free hugs as you towel them off and get them warm again. If it’s not too cold they won’t get out.

Either way, you’re the hero for letting them swim.

Lol they will have their suits, and I would probably let them, but I doubt they will try. I only told her probably no swimming on day 1 after checking the forecast. I don't really care, but they have been forewarned about the weather. The forecast could also be wrong and it will be 80 degrees. Heck, we live straight west of there and our temps today were near 70.

You can have a drink in your bag during check-in -- no problem.

However, keep in mind that in the terminal you'll be standing in line -- perhaps for a long time. Then you're going to walk up the gangplank -- you want to be able to shove that drink in your bag, not have to carry it in your hand. Choose a screw-top drink rather than a straw-drink that'd be easy to spill. Also, you mentioned children; keep in mind that if you allow a drink, you're going to have to find a bathroom. Yes, there's a bathroom in the terminal, but it's one more thing to deal with during check-in.

Personally, I wouldn't bring a drink to check-in.

I'm waiting for someone to say "the tap water in the terminal is fine".

I believe we all know who that will be. Our cabin attendant on last cruise said employees never drink the tap water. He always buys water to drink. Why would we want to drink that water if employees don't?

Lol, I just want to make waiting to board as painless as possible. Honestly tap water is fine, but some sugared, rot the teeth junk will make them happier. They aren't preschoolers, and I figure as long as there is something to eat, drink, and the tablets are charged they should mostly not make me want to scream. Hopefully it won't take to long but a full holiday cruise and who knows what delays, I want to be prepared for the worst. One child has already whined about not being able to go straight to the pool. Galveston forecast looks a little chilly for swimming.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Last week in Miami they were confiscating individual bottles from bags and throwing them in a bin; just like they do at airports when you go through the scanner. This was the same day as the pipe bomb on the train in NYC and I was told this was an immediate response to that situation.

I believe we all know who that will be. Our cabin attendant on last cruise said employees never drink the tap water. He always buys water to drink. Why would we want to drink that water if employees don't?

Do you eat the food on the ship or drink anything with ice in it?

I asked because I was unsure about things with security. Airports are often different than other things. I don't care if they make us toss the drink as we enter the ship. I just don't want to deal with whiny kids if we check in and have to wait an hour or more before we board for whatever reason. We plan to get there early, and hopefully get on as soon as possible, but I know to plan on things not going as planned. I should probably research where the bathrooms are now. Drinks or not, someone will need to go.

An aquarium-grade test kit costing $5 is more than good enough to perform the titration needed to disprove the most common fallacy I read here on the nature of ship's water. The big challenge though is that the science needed to achieve belief isn't taught until grade four and this is far too advanced for some and hence the impossibility of closure.