How many drinks packages are there?

Brad548ye

Hi,

Just been doing a bit of pre booking research and have never sailed with RCI before. When I visited their site I could only find the deluxe drinks package which was showing $65 a day. Is this the only package they do? as I was hoping to just find a basic soda package.

Thanks, Brad

Hi,

Just been doing a bit of pre booking research and have never sailed with RCI before. When I visited their site I could only find the deluxe drinks package which was showing $65 a day. Is this the only package they do? as I was hoping to just find a basic soda package.

Thanks, Brad

Unless they have changed it there is a soda package.....

They have a basic soda package and a non-alcoholic refreshment package that will include speciality coffees, freshly made juice and a bit more. It may still be on sale with a 30% reduction in price.

ETA: no 30% reduction today. Some other deals though.

Hi,

Thanks, Brad

Keep checking your Cruise Planner periodically, the other choices will appear.

Deluxe (alcohol + items in refreshment package), Refreshment (non-alcoholic), and Soda packages are what are on offer now. I'm not sure the pre-sailing price, but onboard our last cruise the onboard for Deluxe was $58 per day, Refreshment was $26 per day, and Soda was $8.50 per day. All of these were before the 18% gratuity added on.

Deluxe (alcohol + items in refreshment package), Refreshment (non-alcoholic), and Soda packages are what are on offer now. I'm not sure the pre-sailing price, but onboard our last cruise the onboard for Deluxe was $58 per day, Refreshment was $26 per day, and Soda was $8.50 per day. All of these were before the 18% gratuity added on.

What? Do I still get charged 18% gratuity each time I get a drink that's on my beverage package?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What? Do I still get charged 18% gratuity each time I get a drink that's on my beverage package?

No, you pay the 18% at the time you purchase the package. No extra tips added when you order drinks.

The only exception is if you order a drink that is more expensive than the package limit. In that case, you would pay the difference plus 18% of the difference.

Also, many RCI cruises will offer a 10 drink Punch card at some point during the cruise, if you consider that a package. What ships and on what day it is offered seems to vary and has no apparent predictable pattern. They usually sell I think from USD79$ to $89

dp

No, you pay the 18% at the time you purchase the package. No extra tips added when you order drinks.

The only exception is if you order a drink that is more expensive than the package limit. In that case, you would pay the difference plus 18% of the difference.

Oh I see, well that makes sense. I was worried for a minute there. Thanks for the advice everyone.

Isn't Royal offering UK cruisers free drink packages now?.

Not that I'm aware of. I was just watching a YouTube video.......is it true that you can't just pay for one drinks package for one guest and not the others, they make you have to pay for all of you?

Not that I'm aware of. I was just watching a YouTube video.......is it true that you can't just pay for one drinks package for one guest and not the others, they make you have to pay for all of you?

All people in the cabin (of drinking age) have to have the package. If one buys they all buy. Exceptions due to medical reasons etc can apply.

UK website offer started Dec19th includes free drinkies package on certain sailings

https://www.royalcaribbean.co.uk/cruise-deals/terms-and-conditions/#one-big-sale/

I've just re-priced my Symphony sailing to include the "free" drinks package and the price is £2800 MORE than I paid!!!! LOL.

Yes, I totally agree that they are great value and will purchase anyway. Although I don't really drink alcohol or hot drinks all that much so only interested in the soda package anyway.