Canceled excursion “duet on operational reasons”?

we are on the Jewel and stopping in St Thomas. I just got an email from Royal saying the excursion has been canceled due to operational reasons. The cruise isn’t till March and the Ride To Paradise Point’s website doesn’t mention any closures. Do you think this is a mess up and I need to call?

Could be a safety issue or just to many complaints from PAX or the vendor got tired of dealing with RCCL. I had a friend who ran a salmon fishing boat in Sitka and he would never do business with the cruise ships as they jack up the price to take their cut and are a pain to deal with. That's why on some cruises we plan our own excursions and save the 20% markup by the cruise lines.

We are going on cruise in January on Oasis to Labadee, Jamaica & Cozomel. we originally booked 3 excursions in July. One got cancelled in September for operational reasons ...we booked another excursion, In early October another excursion (adult island )was cancelled for something like lack of interest. Really 3 months before cruise!! When calling RCL on different thing I asked about this last one...they said something about change in supplier. They said it is now back open and we could rebook.

I checked my Cruise Planner and it only canceled for my husband and son. I'm on hold w/ Royal and she's not sure what the problem is. When she looks at the system, it's not an option. when she sends the confirmation, the reservation for my daughter and I show. Yikes. Stay tuned....

We booked an excursion in Barbados January 5th. I found out a week ago that outs was cancelled due to "operational reasons." I called the company directly, and they said that they are no longer booking through royal carribean, but the excursion is still running. I ended up paying considerable more, but booking directly through the company. There must be new RC policies taking over in 2018, forcing the excursions to stop working with them. I'll see if I can get more info on the 5th and post back. :)

We booked an excursion in Barbados January 5th. I found out a week ago that outs was cancelled due to "operational reasons." I called the company directly, and they said that they are no longer booking through royal carribean, but the excursion is still running. I ended up paying considerable more, but booking directly through the company. There must be new RC policies taking over in 2018, forcing the excursions to stop working with them. I'll see if I can get more info on the 5th and post back. :)

let us know for sure! I also reached out to the vendor directly. Unless it's schedule maintenance (or the cable broke), I highly down the skyride is down for 3 months.

STILL down on 12/12? any idea when it went down to start with? Maybe it really is the case after all

Are you talking about the ski lift thing near Havensite? I assume it stopped operation due to hurricane damage, which was in early September.

If you are referring to something else, then disregard my previous post.

So I posted about this elsewhere. We lost two excursions on Our Harmony cruise on 12/30. In San Juan, we have learned that the El Yunque rainforest is not in great shape, so our hike excursion was understandably cancelled. We also lost the Amazing Adventure Race in St Maartin. I called the vendor directly on that one, and while the vendor is still open, and offering other tours, they have stopped offering this one because many of the businesses that participated have not yet reopened. Cannot forget that even though it is not front page news anymore, the effects of this past hurricane season are still very much being felt on the islands.

So I posted about this elsewhere. We lost two excursions on Our Harmony cruise on 12/30. In San Juan, we have learned that the El Yunque rainforest is not in great shape, so our hike excursion was understandably cancelled. We also lost the Amazing Adventure Race in St Maartin. I called the vendor directly on that one, and while the vendor is still open, and offering other tours, they have stopped offering this one because many of the businesses that participated have not yet reopened. Cannot forget that even though it is not front page news anymore, the effects of this past hurricane season are still very much being felt on the islands.

good point. thanks. I guess I had assumed the web page would be updated like El Yunque's is. Ignorant on my part, I guess.