Camp Discovery?

ACoupleAtSea

Has anyone experienced the new camp Discovery? Interested to see if Princess is putting more effort into the kids program.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On a recent 11 day cruise on the Regal my three grandchildren loved it.

They could not wait for it to open at 9AM every morning.

We signed them up on embarkation day

38215834176_f11dd23559_z.jpg

Howard

Howard- thank you for the input. We are currently trying to decide which line to cruise with for our 2019 Alaska cruise. Our kids will be 2 and 5. We remember not being impressed with the kids club on the Regal two years ago. Since this will be a port intensive cruise, we need to decide if Disney is worth the extra coin.

Howard- thank you for the input. We are currently trying to decide which line to cruise with for our 2019 Alaska cruise. Our kids will be 2 and 5. We remember not being impressed with the kids club on the Regal two years ago. Since this will be a port intensive cruise, we need to decide if Disney is worth the extra coin.

Just be aware that you can leave your five year old there.

They will not allow a 2 year old to be left there without an adult remaining.

The children must be at least three before you can just drop them off and leave them.

If you stay just bring a book with you

Howard

Did it seem as though they had plenty of activities to keep the kids busy?

Yes they were kept busy. They made T Shirts, drawings, and many other things. On one of the days they were asked if they wanted to go to the pool or the kids club. They all replied "kids club"

38381709615_f103d136b7_z.jpg

25391564758_b072877ec4_z.jpgCamp Discovery Pottie_2265

25391571148_a7348f4da3_z.jpgCamp Discovery Bathroom_2266

Howard

Thanks for the info!

I'd save Disney for a different sailing and go with Princess in Alaska.

This is based off of many clients feedback that have sailed Alaska.

Our kids have been on just about every line except Princess and we are sailing her in a few months.

Anyone have the Pelican papers with kids activities from the Royal Princess? Mine are 11&12 at the time of sailing.

I'm curious to know the difference in price between a mini suite on Princess and a Disney cruise?

Howard

I can tell you that i am planning on waiting for a standby deal from Princess for a 7 day Alaska cruise with Glacier Bay. For a minisuite on Princess you would be paying about 3k less than you would for an inside cabin on Disney with no Glacier Bay and that is based off a Standby email i got from Princess last year. Its crazy.

Thank you all for the great info regarding the new Camp Discovery. Does anyone know if Camp Discovery does anything special on Alaska cruises? Or does anyone have any past Camp Discovery activity schedules?

Thanks

Edited by ACoupleAtSea

We just got off 18 days on Star Princess that had the new discovery camp. My kids have been cruising since they were 6 months - they are now 10 and 6. They love princess and both raves about the new camp set up. My 6 year old wanted to be there every minute. My 10 year old came and went as she wanted but was there more than she wasn’t! They did tshirts, science activities, animal trivia, made slime, made leis (Hawaii cruise), had dinner parties, ice cream parties, dance competitions, and a few family events. The days were packed! My 10 year old did junior chefs at sea, which she LOVED!

We sailed Disney to Alaska and both kids hated the kids club. It was too unstructured for them. They only went a few times and refused to go back!