Last minute cruise

seaandsea

I just retired, and now I can cruise anytime. My husband has a few years left to work, so I will be traveling single and need to find good prices. I know there are deals to be had, after final payment, I just don't know how to find them. Any suggestions?

I just retired, and now I can cruise anytime. My husband has a few years left to work, so I will be traveling single and need to find good prices. I know there are deals to be had, after final payment, I just don't know how to find them. Any suggestions?

Try looking at the weekly sales flyer here: http://www.creative.rccl.com/sales/royal/Multi_Dest/Special_Offers/rci_sales_event.pdf

This PDF usually changes every Thursday afternoon. Check towards the bottom of each page where it lists the Single Supplement. Those cruises listed with less than 200% will be better deals for solo cruisers.

Try looking at the weekly sales flyer here: http://www.creative.rccl.com/sales/royal/Multi_Dest/Special_Offers/rci_sales_event.pdf

This PDF usually changes every Thursday afternoon. Check towards the bottom of each page where it lists the Single Supplement. Those cruises listed with less than 200% will be better deals for solo cruisers.

Thanks!

You may have better luck booking double occupancy, even using your husbands information, or you can enter a fake name, date of birth and all. When you’re paying for single occupancy, you pay 200% of the cruise fare. So, it could be less expensive to book double occupancy and never have the second passenger show up. After final payment is made, tell the cruise line that they cannot go anymore, and they’ll refund the port fees on that 2nd passenger. Just don’t complete online check in for that “passenger” [emoji5]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That maybe fine for you, as a retiree I don't buy green bananas, let alone book a cruise a year in advance.

My parents are the oppisite. They are always saying well now I will have to live long enough to... That maybe part of the reason I plan vacations so far out for them.

You may have better luck booking double occupancy, even using your husbands information, or you can enter a fake name, date of birth and all. When you’re paying for single occupancy, you pay 200% of the cruise fare. So, it could be less expensive to book double occupancy and never have the second passenger show up. After final payment is made, tell the cruise line that they cannot go anymore, and they’ll refund the port fees on that 2nd passenger. Just don’t complete online check in for that “passenger” [emoji5]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Is single supplement more that booking 2 people?