Must do for beach bums

2PinaColadas

We really have no idea which beach to go to while in Barbados. We are true beach bums-- don't need much but drinks, a place to potty and a beautiful beach. DH likes to snorkel but not a must. Which would you recommend?

I can't say enough about Lobster Alive. It is next to the Boatyard but far less crowded and much quieter. Two chairs, an umbrella and 3 rum punches for $15 US. Both are on Carlisle Bay, which features clean white sand, calm waters and ocean the color of Tanqueray. There are occasional vendors, but they're all licensed and will not bother you if you just say "no thanks." The Boatyard has lots of water sports and amenities - and I'm pretty sure you can walk over and use them if you'd like. But if you just want to enjoy the beach and some delicious rum punch, go to LA.

We were just there two weeks ago for the 2nd time and it was amazing!

I can't say enough about Lobster Alive. It is next to the Boatyard but far less crowded and much quieter. Two chairs, an umbrella and 3 rum punches for $15 US. Both are on Carlisle Bay, which features clean white sand, calm waters and ocean the color of Tanqueray. There are occasional vendors, but they're all licensed and will not bother you if you just say "no thanks." The Boatyard has lots of water sports and amenities - and I'm pretty sure you can walk over and use them if you'd like. But if you just want to enjoy the beach and some delicious rum punch, go to LA.

Does Lobster Alive offer a way to go snorkeling with the turtles?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you!! I will definitely look into LA.

The boat tours offered from the beach typically take you out to swim over a ship wreck from WWI with lots of fish, and then another stop nearby to swim with the turtles - all of this and a plastic cup of rum punch (more rum than punch!) for about $20 per person when we were there. You could swim out on your own, but that's a long swim IMHO.

Boatyard now includes a short trip out to swim with the turtles as part of its admission package - check their web site. ;)