Rogers wireless “roam like home” Canada [emoji1063]

traceytd

Does anyone have Rogers for wireless and have you used roam like home in the Caribbean islands. I was told that it’s $6.00 a day in the US and $10.00a day for other countries.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We have Bell and is $6 a day for US, San Juan and US territories. $12 a day for most Caribbean countries.

We've used it the sat few cruises and it works great. You are on.y charged when you use it do if you only use it on one island you'll only be charged the one day. I know eith bell you needed to sign up in advance not sure how rogers works.

https://www.rogers.com/consumer/wireless/travel

We have Bell and is $6 a day for US, San Juan and US territories. $12 a day for most Caribbean countries.

We've used it the sat few cruises and it works great. You are on.y charged when you use it do if you only use it on one island you'll only be charged the one day. I know eith bell you needed to sign up in advance not sure how rogers works.

https://www.rogers.com/consumer/wireless/travel

Rogers Plan is way better than Bell for Roam and Go. Rogers let’s you use your existing data with the daily fee, where as Bell gives you a minimum data amount per day with the fee and then charges if more is used. Bell doesn’t let you use your data that you have already paid for in your regular monthly bill.

I have Bell and even with a 10 Gigabytes Plan a can’t use it while out of Canada. That’s where Rogers is better. Actually they all suck in a Canada. ;)

Rogers Plan is way better than Bell for Roam and Go. Rogers let’s you use your existing data with the daily fee, where as Bell gives you a minimum data amount per day with the fee and then charges if more is used. Bell doesn’t let you use your data that you have already paid for in your regular monthly bill.

I have Bell and even with a 10 Gigabytes Plan a can’t use it while out of Canada. That’s where Rogers is better. Actually they all suck in a Canada. ;)

Lmao yeh they all suck in [emoji1063]... thanks for the reply.

Good news Andrew, now you can. Bell has both plans now $5/$10 includes 100mb of data or $6/$12 use your own data.

I just found out last week when I was getting everything ready for our trip south later this week. Needless to say Sarah and Toby were happy...might have to get a bigger plan, right now we are 7GB shareable.

Wish Lisa and Owen ( and yourself) a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year from us.

Good news Andrew, now you can. Bell has both plans now $5/$10 includes 100mb of data or $6/$12 use your own data.

I just found out last week when I was getting everything ready for our trip south later this week. Needless to say Sarah and Toby were happy...might have to get a bigger plan, right now we are 7GB shareable.

Wish Lisa and Owen ( and yourself) a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year from us.

The $12 part is new but I like it. In the past I would blow through 100mb just going through emails, let alone the live reviews so the $12 plan is way better for me. I will have to check it out tomorrow. The Bell $6 Plan didn’t exist this past June.

Safe trip South and thanks for the greetings. Please pass the same along to the family. Looks like you are escaping in time before the weather really starts get crappy.

The $12 part is new but I like it. In the past I would blow through 100mb just going through emails, let alone the live reviews so the $12 plan is way better for me. I will have to check it out tomorrow. The Bell $6 Plan didn’t exist this past June.

Safe trip South and thanks for the greetings. Please pass the same along to the family. Looks like you are escaping in time before the weather really starts get crappy.

It's calling for it to be -17c the day we leave:)

I did have to change / update my plan otherwise I still would have been on the old plan with the 100mb. I stopped by one of their stores and they did something to their system and then I just had to text ROAM to 8000. Pretty easy.

Does anyone have Rogers for wireless and have you used roam like home in the Caribbean islands. I was told that it’s $6.00 a day in the US and $10.00a day for other countries.

That's the new standard for roaming charges from many cell companies. That doesn't cover cell charges from the ship . That is usually a seperate plan.

Hi

We are just now comparing plans Rogers with roam or Bell with roam. We are leaning toward Rogers for our cruise on the Oasis. Have read the above comments Rogers does seem the better plan so far. Any other info would be appreciated. Thankyou

kruise runner

Rogers is $2 per day cheaper than Bell but Bell has coverage in Cuba and Belieze while Rogers does not.

To me the $2 a day is negligible and you really need to base your decision on who has the better longer term monthly plan including data. (If you have 2 phones, one with Rogers and one with Bell then it's an easier decision)

Hi

We are just now comparing plans Rogers with roam or Bell with roam. We are leaning toward Rogers for our cruise on the Oasis. Have read the above comments Rogers does seem the better plan so far. Any other info would be appreciated. Thankyou

kruise runner

Have you looked into Koodo as your basic provider. Basic plans are a lot cheaper than any of the majors. Koodo is owned by Telus.

Good to know about bell, we’re getting ready for the drive to ft Lauderdale in the morning. We will have to call them ASAP. Thanks for all the info!

And yes crappy cold winter weather is on its way!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Safe travels, we are leaving Thursday or Friday weather dependant for our drive to Miami.

We have used Rogers for several vacations, even when we were in Europe, very easy to use. We check to see if the locations we are travelling to are covered. It is $6 per day in the US, and $10 per day in Europe. We send texts, pictures and call home to check on things, use your phone the same as at home.

We have used Rogers for several vacations, even when we were in Europe, very easy to use. We check to see if the locations we are travelling to are covered. It is $6 per day in the US, and $10 per day in Europe. We send texts, pictures and call home to check on things, use your phone the same as at home.

What happens when your at sea? I want to try to avoid paying the VOOM. I don't want to have to look for my husband all day and vice versa. LOL

We need text.

What happens when your at sea? I want to try to avoid paying the VOOM. I don't want to have to look for my husband all day and vice versa. LOL

We need text.

If you are paying for cellular at sea it will run up quick. On Princess the cellular service came from England and not from NA or the Caribbean so roaming was a killer. I’m not sure about RC. Just something to consider.

We need text.

I don't think I caught what ship you are going to be on. We just got off the Anthem and there is a glitch in the system that allows i-messaging (and the equivalent in android) to work with no roaming or voom. I kept my phone with data off, in airplane mode and hooked onto royal wifi for the Royal IQ app and was able to not only i-message my husband on board but my kids at home (in Canada) as well. I never got any fees from Bell or the ship.