Private tours in Caribbean from Explorer

wave18

Prior to cruising, for over 30 years, we used to visit various islands and enjoy active land and watersports. We are now traveling in the "slow lane" as we are celebrating our 50th on the Ecplorer.. On this cruise, we are looking forward to warmth, sunshine and the usual great food on the Explorer as it sails in the Eastern Caribbean on Jan. 30th. We would like to rent a car to see any attractions unique to a specific island. The ship tours by bus are not appealing but there may be some hidden gem that is worth exploring with a local guide/car. Any suggestions?

I too will be on the Jan 30 Explorer. I have signed up for most of the free excurzions, but there is still some free time to spend when they are over. I might want to share a car with you. Have you signed up on the Roll Call for this cruise?

Are you also taking the free excursiins? Let's keep in touch to see what we can plan out anything together .

Thanks, Rick

Hi Cool Cruiser,

I just signed in on the Roll Call. It would be nice to meet a small group onboard. So far, we are only signed up for the champagne/lobster cruise in St. John's, Antigua.

Judy

That was one of the nicest Regent excursions we ever took. It was a day of fun! Everyone loved it.

We took the snorkeling tour on St. Bart's. Not the best snorkeling. Took an pleasant boat and bus tour with lunch, visiting a hacienda/ farm and botanical gardens, on St. Lucia. I frankly don't remember the rest. So I guess they weren't memorable.

Sheila

Sorry to hijack this thread, but I too am on this Jan 30th voyage, and just noticed that St. Kitts is now a tender port. This JUST changed and I haven’t seen any communication about it. Any one else notice this change?

Snore42 - not familiar with your cruise but our Mariner cruise that ended last month substituted St. Kitts for San Juan. It was the best port that we visited in the Caribbean by far! We did an excursion that was wonderful and did some souvenir shopping as it was our last port before returning back to Miami - the prices were fair (unlike most of the other ports that we went to).

In terms of private excursions, we always do a search on the website. Once we find something that looks good, we do a search for reviews of the company. Once that is done - we book! So far we have not been disappointed (note: have not done this in the Caribbean but have in the Amazon and other places in the world).