Lido Deck

pfossen

This will be my our first time cruising with Princess, we are going on the Grand 3-11. We have just been assiged our room. L223. Anyone familiar with this room, any positives or negatives

Appreciate any comments.

Thanks.

Can hardly wait, anyone else cruising with us at this time??

Pfossen,

DH and I have been on Lido deck on two Princess ships - Star (L239) and Caribbean (L306). We loved our stateroom on the Star as it was away from heavy foot traffic - the reason that we did not like the "upgrade" to the Lido stateroom on the CB.

With a Lido stateroom, you are close to the pools, Horizon Court, Cafe Caribe, etc. Due to your higher deck and forward location, you might notice more movement of the ship. I can't be certain, but L223 could be under the gym; someone else might know for sure. In that case, you might hear overhead sounds. You won't have anyone looking down on you when you are enjoying your balcony - a real plus on Lido deck.

On the Grand in 2004 (western Caribbean), we were upgraded to a Dolphin deck mini-suite - it was sweet!

Bon Voyage!

Chris

When my DH and I cruised a few weeks ago we had L210 and we liked out cabin assignment ALOT! It was close to the pools, pizza, horizon court, spa, workout facilities and elevators. I've never had a better cabin assignment.:) I was real worried about being so high up and we were the third room from the front so I was concerned about motion and sea-sickness but it didn't bother me.

jjnewboots

We had L209 on the Diamond (same configuration as Grand). We enjoyed that cabin for all the reasons noted above. Quiet, easy access to pool decks, etc. You'll like that location. But be prepared for motion up there. High and forward can have notable motion.

Archived