Are future cruise credits transferable

My dh decided he's tired of cruising. He has 2 future cruise credits purchased on our last cruise. Can I transfer those to my new cruising partner, our daughter? I do know we'll get a refund if not used within 2 years. Thanks.

I don't think so...that's why when you buy a Future Cruise Deposit (FCD), you have to be ON the ship.

There have been reports of being able to buy them for past passengers not on the ship at the time.

I’m yet to try, but there is a thread about is somewhere.

My dh decided he's tired of cruising. He has 2 future cruise credits purchased on our last cruise. Can I transfer those to my new cruising partner, our daughter? I do know we'll get a refund if not used within 2 years. Thanks.

There is another, similar thread here on the same subject and it was reported there that the on-board future cruise person said that, yes, they were but must have cruised prior and have a Captain's Circle number. The person who had asked said that she (the person asking) had been told by someone at Princess had been told no they couldn't. Apparently the on-board person felt she had different, more correct, information than the person who was ashort and said that she would call back to Santa Clarita and get that erroneous info corrected.

Now, which is right and which is wrong? Good question. Probably the best way to get an answer would be to write a letter to the home office and ask, in writing, what the correct answer is. That way you would at least have someone's name and signature to back up whatever you are told. If it says that yes you can, I'd definitely keep a copy of that letter with me if I was planning to do such a purchase.

Tom

I was able to transfer future cruise deposits/credits from my husband's account to my account when he died. I was told at that time, that Future cruise deposits are not transferrable to another person with the exception of from one spouse to another upon death of the spouse.

When my DH passed, I was given the choice of being sent a check for the FCC or to have them transferred to my name.

You can call Princess and ask. Its worth a phone call.

It seems like Princess is re-thinking their policies about FCC, so the rules may have changed.

Please call and let us know what you've learned.